mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#33617 02/07/03 04:11 PM
F
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
F
Any thoughts on the possibility of specifying command line paramaters that can be passed on to runnig scripts?

The idea I have in mind is that, specifying a parameter in a shortcut, Icould instruct my homebrewed mIRC script not to go off and connect to servers, autojoin, etc, when I just want to pop on and do a quick whois on someone.

In present conditions, I could specify an ini file for mirc which has a different list of scripts to run, or run a batch file that would alter some file 'x', run mIRC, and adapt my script to check file 'x' to find out what it should do. Not hte most elegant solutions...

Any feedback appreciated...

Geraint Rowlands
(He who wanders the etherealness as Fakazakh)

#33618 02/07/03 05:02 PM
Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
I'm not sure I entirely understand what you want to do, but I think the $cmdline identifier and the on START event should help. Look them up both in the help file.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
#33619 04/07/03 06:20 AM
C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
Shameless plug:
mircscripts.org > misc > IDEmIRC
downbload it and you find a small application called DDEcommander, which allows you to pass command line arguments to mIRC via DDE. In other words, it runs, it sends whatwever (c:\ddecommander.exe /echo -s this is stupid), wham bam thank you mam.
There are also some posts relating to creating shortcuts on your desktop/windows explorer that pass commands via DDE, you can search for those on these forums.

Link Copied to Clipboard