mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#33553 01/07/03 11:40 PM
F
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
F
I am using MIRC v 6.03 and SDFind v3.98. I have two machines that I am having a problem with. One is Windows 2000 box and the other is a Win XP box. I am on DSL and using a BEFW11s4 v.2 Linksys router. I have opened up ports 113 and 49991-5000. I have adjusted the DCC/Options DCC port to reflect as such. I have used the /dns yournickhere and then typing //say $ip and compare the two. They are both the same. I have checked all my settings and I can not find anything wrong. I recently had both of these machines up and running on MIRC but I did some major upgrades and rebuilt them now they will not send anything. Any suggestions!! I know it is not the router. I did not change the setting.

#33554 02/07/03 12:24 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
im gonna assume the 49991 is a typo and you mean 4991 smile

you checked that mIRC is getting external ip? dsl settings? xp firewall?

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
#33555 02/07/03 01:24 PM
T
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
T
I dunno why, but zipping files will occasionally overcome some DCC problems.

#33556 03/07/03 02:22 AM
F
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
F
I am not sure what my external IP address is. I think that it might be wrong, but how would I change that? I have went to sites like www.IPChicken.com to find out my external IP. I entered that and it still dosen't work. Could this be a something in settings? Maybe a box that is checked or something like that. Sorry for the typo. I am trying to give as much info as I can to get this problem fixed. Thanks for your help.

#33557 03/07/03 09:20 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
have you double checked your dsl and router settings? IS it set as DMZ host? ports forwarded correctly? How about xp's firewall? (there are links to some urls that may help with both and some other tips in the post towards the top of this area of the forums with subject of Cant Dcc Send)

The only thing i can thing of in mIRC's options that may be messing you up would be if you have it set to disable sends in general/lock, or perhaps try changing lookup method in connect/localinfo to server if you have it set to normal. You said you put the ports you want in dcc options.

I'm not familiar with SDfind, but have you tried without it? Tried connecting to a diff server port? Checked the routers firmware?

Essentially, the external ip is the one on the gateway, its the "public" one used to connect to the internet. The gateway then forwards to the internal ip of the machine running mIRC. HAve you tried typing /localinfo -u to have mIRC lookup and set your localinfo settings?

#33558 04/07/03 07:49 PM
F
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
F
Yes, the router is a DMZ host. I have even tried to put each machine one at a time as a DMZ host. No luck there either. I did do what you say and yes I did have it on server. I switched it and I was able to send something right away and then it was gone. I still am not able to send anything. I was looking at my last hook up and I noticed this:
*** Looking up your hostname
*** Checking Ident
*** Couldn't look up your hostname
*** No ident response

Could this help you out to figure out what is going on. The XP Firewall is turned off. Don't need it with the other ones running. The other ones are open for port 4991-5000 and 113 for Indent. I have doubled check the router settings and even did a firmware upgrade. Then rechecked them after that. I did do the /localinfo -u and it did find the local settings. That is what was already in there. I tried connecting to a different server port. Same messages as above. Is that my problem?

I fixed that. Now I am getting:
*** Looking up your hostname
*** Checking Ident
* Identd request from 209.221.59.11
* Identd replied: 1406, 6667 : USERID : UNIX : FireResq
*** Found your hostname
*** Got ident response

Is that all normal? Still not able to send. Thanks for all your help though!

#33559 09/07/03 12:06 AM
R
raz Offline
R
I'm having the same problem myself. I'm not too knowledgable in networking, so I'm quite baffled. I forwarded port 113 with success, I just can't understand why I have no luck with any others. confused

#33560 09/07/03 07:19 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
raz: see the info and links in this thread

fireresq: if you got one send thru, then things were working fine. if you didnt change anything then i have no clue why it would suddenly not work any more, unless the others you were sending to were having a prob

Link Copied to Clipboard