mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
F
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
F
Quote:
So if your way of "spiting" me was to actually inform me that I was using a word correctly, then well done!

actually, my way of spiting you was to inform you of spelling a word incorrectly, not "using a word correctly" as you put it. additionally, as to the reason i felt the need to point this mistake out to you, i felt it was only fair, considering your corrections here, here and here

kthx.

------
deep down, i'm really superficial.
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Quote:

actually, my way of spiting you was to inform you of spelling a word incorrectly, not "using a word correctly" as you put it.

Bravo! You found another typo, are you a newspaper editor by any chance?

As for the rest of what you said:
The first link wasn't me pointing out a typo it was me saying "speak for yourself."

The second one was me asking a question. I was and still am unsure of whether he meant formula. The reason is, I still don't see what a socket would have to do with a formula, so I have a feeling he wasn't talking about a formula at all.

And the third one was a conceptual idea. I didn't say "you spelled constant wrong" I explained to him that in all other languages I'm familiar with, a constant is (relatively) constant, as the name implies. Meaning the reason that languages have keywords for "constant" and "volatile" rather than a single keyword is because in fact the two are very different.

But in any case, feel free to point out any mistakes I make, you think it hurts me I say just the opposite. It tells me you value my opinion enough to actually read what I wrote. Perhaps it's just me, but I don't consider that insulting.

F
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
F
there is no doubt that i value what you have to say; you are one of the more reliable sources of information on this board. however, it irks me how arrogant you are when people make mistakes. so, being the mature person i am, i did the same thing to you.

------
deep down, i'm really superficial.
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
*The_Game starts to grin like the grinch before he robbed whoville blind...*

Ok you two don't make me have to put you on a timeout! grin

lol

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
They both need a lesson in eloquence and mannerism, ahh and spelling. They can get it at the best English resource available - http://www.macquariedictionary.com.au/ grin

As for the timeouts, forget it, I wanna see blood lol.

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
lol I just think its funny...i personally could care less about the spelling of one word as long as the point gets across...someone who sits and actually looks the word up just to prove someone wrong is just plain silly...and then lets it blow up into an argument ....course im sure we have all done that at least once...and to think there are non mirc users in china...LOL (cheap pop on the theres sober people in china saying...)..ah well i got a cold beer in the fridge calling my name hehehe

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I agree, it's like people on IRC that try 20 times to spell a typo correctly, what a waste of energy lol.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
General Reply: and another thread goes to hell in a handbasket. Take your spelling squabbles private. Thread closed

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard