Print Thread
#33270 30/06/03 09:54 PM
C
Cassius Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
anyone know offhand the length limit on %vars in mirc? also, the length limit on %vars when using tokens within... are the two different or the same?

Making an mp3 script that (currently) uses %vars for a queue, using tokens. I can get something on the order of 12 songs queued up if I really wanted to, and that seems to go beyond what I always figured was the length limit of %vars. If paths/filenames can be stored in a variable like that, and tokens let me continue to store them in variables even with something on the order of 20 songs queued, I wont have to do anything else... is that clear or have I had too many drinks this afternoon?

"Illegitimati non Carborundum" -> "Don't let the bastards grind you down."
#33271 30/06/03 10:27 PM
C
Babel fish
Babel fish
C
I had the impression that mirc %vars hold I believe its 512 bytes (it may have been increased since 6.03. However, if you are building an MP3 Player with the ability to queue songs, your most effecient way of doing that would be hash tables to keep track of queued items. This way you can have an indefinate amount of songs in queue as well as a fast ability to search for a song name (like if you want to promatically make it so you could play random songs in queue)... try using hash tables, that'd very easily solve your problem as well as make your data storage more flexible for what your trying to accomplish.

Link Copied to Clipboard