mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#33266 30/06/03 09:36 PM
S
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
I just got a Linksys BEFW11S4 v4.0 wireless router, though im using the wired port for this computer.
Since I got it (yesterday) I can't seem to stay connected to irc for more than a couple of minutes, sometimes seconds.
I always get the * [10053] Software caused connection abort error.

I have set it to foward port 113 to me, but to no avail.
Any ideas?

#33267 01/07/03 07:11 PM
R
Babel fish
Babel fish
R
Just curious... are you able to maintain a stateful connection in other applications? I've heard that some Linksys broadband routers are just born broken and need to be exchanged. (Check the forums at practicallynetworked.com and dslreports.com)

I had an interesting problem with a BEFSR41 where it sometimes corrupted the data in an outgoing packet, yet the header CRC was fine.

#33268 02/07/03 12:51 AM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
I have a BEFSR41, I've had it for 2 years now. Never once have I experienced a single problem, in fact after buying that I decided to buy other linksys products such as a 802.11g access point and a print server. I've yet to have a problem with any of them. So if you are having a problem, first upgrade your firmware (nothing is bug free) and second, ensure your settings are correct.

#33269 02/07/03 03:51 AM
R
Babel fish
Babel fish
R
Yep, I had mine for the same amount of time and never noticed a problem until I had a project that required a lot of out going traffic... it was only like four bytes in one packet out of (on average) 800MB of transfer, but when the data passes the CRC as opposed to being marked bad and simply needing retransmission that can be an issue.

I can only guess that the router inserts a new CRC in the header after performing NAT, etc... dunno, because it only happened when moving through the WAN side. I had the latest firmware and tried reverting all the way back to the original with no luck.

Either way, I have a SMC Barricade 8-port now and love it... no more data corruption, and no more DHCP lease renual issues with a dumb (as in simple microcontroler) network appliance I have. smile

Link Copied to Clipboard