mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Y
yongjun Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
Y
I dled a few movies through mirc and realized their not the avi or mpeg files that Im used to. They're all broken up into fragments and zipped. How do I turn this into an avi file or even a watchable file. Someone told me about isobuster but I dont know how to make that work to solve my problem. Help plz~~

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Why not contact the makers of the movie and ask them. I'm sure they'll be scrambling over themselves to help you view the copyrighted material you've stolen from them.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
/me hands starbucks a cookie

to the original poster: in case starbucks subtlety escaped you, we do not support or encourage illegal filesharing on this forum.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
I guess that will teach you not to download something you have no clue about...also you shouldn't be downloading illegal materials anyways...Instead of being a cheapskate, why not go pay to watch it at the theatres...or wait til it comes out on DVD or VHS if you want to "own" a copy so badly.... mad

C
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
C
why do you assume that his downloads are of copyrighted material? You are all just a [deleted by moderator].

Last edited by ParaBrat; 30/06/03 06:38 PM.
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Because 99.99999% of movies that are distributed as volumed rar files are illegal copies. I felt those odds were worth taking for the glorious opportunity to be smug and condescending.

C
C
so him downloading an illeagal movie really bothers you... how... it doesn't support the actors... no they get paid before hand... it only supports the movie companies which are just money hungry ass holes. who gives a shyt about them... steal their shyt and rub it in there face. if it really bothers you so much then just ignore it, skip the post and dont waste your time.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
ok think about if it was you who owned the movie company and people were stealing your product, would you think about it in the same way then?

new username: tidy_trax
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Scenario...

I am going to break into your house tonight and knock off your telly, video player, stereo system, that full length poster of Kylie Minogue and your computer. While I am at it I'll cart it all away in your car and I'll have those credit cards too, I am hanging out for a shopping spree.

Moral...

Doesn't it just suck when you work for something and then some bloke comes and steals it all?

Facts...

File sharing is illegal unless you are the creator of the file or you have the EXPRESS WRITTEN permission of the owner to share it. This is the L.A.W law in every major country.

Speech...

Get over your tall poppy syndrome and realise that just because someone has a quid in their pocket doesn't necessarily mean that they don't deserve it. If you want the highlife then get off your arse and earn it instead of expecting the world to give you a living.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Actually quite a few actors get paid a small share of the proceeds of the film. And honestly I really don't care a great deal about people downloading a film that has probably already turned a profit of a few million. What does bother me is the arrogance and ignorance shown by someone who will come on here and ask what is blatantly a question about illegal filesharing and expect us to help him commit a crime. And plus it annoys the hell out of me when people use IRC for filesharing, it's a crap substitute for peer-to-peer networks, why are people so determined to use it like one?

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
many people claim that they dont realise it is illegal, they think that because they didnt put the file on there, they have the right to send it.

new username: tidy_trax
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
/me backs away from the soap box before the shooting starts ...

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. wink
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
We call what you're doing "rationalization"

"They already have billions of dollars, how is $10 gonna hurt them?"

"They make their money dishonestly anyway"

etc., etc.

Well ever heard the saying "two wrongs don't make a right"? It means just because they are doing something wrong doesn't force your wrong and illegal action to be ok. YOU'RE STILL WRONG. And no I won't just ignore it, I'll do everything I possibly can to make sure people who break copyright laws get punished to the full extent of the law. There is nothing more that I'd like to see than a bunch of copyright infringers being locked up for 5 years.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Let me reintroduce you to one policy of this forum: we do not help/support/encourage illegal filesharing.
And another: ppl here are expected to use common courtesy, and state their opinions without resorting to name calling, insults and vulgarity.

If you cant abide by the policies we have, then i suggest you follow the advice you gave: skip the post

Everyone has their own opinion about illegal filesharing. We arent here to dictate what you or anyone else does, however it IS well within our rights to set our own policies about what we will/wont help with here. The odds the original poster was asking about a legal file are slim to none, as are the odds they got it from someone they know well. I think one can safely conclude if it was from a friend that they would have asked that person for help with the file. File sharing is against the AUP of many networks and isps. It is a huge source of the rampant trojans effecting all of us, whether within the file itself or in the hot pursuit of said files. Do as you wish, but respect our policies.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard