#32777 28/06/03 03:13 PM
A
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
A
Hi al
I'm new here and have a question.
Is it possible to get into a yahoo groups site and make myself moderator, as we have not had one in 4 years. The original mod has been bouncing for that long, and yahoo won't help. It is a good music group with close to 400 members, but needs some help from unwanted sex scam and rowdy members.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Alex

#32778 28/06/03 03:41 PM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
this has absolutely nothing to do with mirc?

new username: tidy_trax
#32779 28/06/03 05:58 PM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
This is a forum for mIRC related issues, i assume you asked simply because its a forum and therefore someone may know how to help you on another one? Which is better than another assumption, which is that you want us to help you hack into a forum. Needless to say, we wouldnt help you even if we could if thats the direction you are aiming in.

Each forum is different, we have no way of knowing who its admins are or how to contact them, and of course we have nothing to do with them. I seriously doubt any forum "software" or admins would make it a simple matter for someone to make themselves a moderator simply because they want to. It isnt surprising that yahoo admins wont help you, as im sure you realize. My only suggestion to you would be to try to contact the person who set the forum up, or any moderators it may have.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
#32780 28/06/03 05:59 PM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Maybe someone should reword: " Use this forum to talk about IRC, mIRC, and other general topics." That does seem kind of vague. I can see how users would interpret that as an "ask anything" forum. The "and other general topics" makes it sound like you can ask about things other than IRC/mIRC.

#32781 28/06/03 06:00 PM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
that makes my post look kind of ignorant frown

#32782 28/06/03 08:37 PM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
i tend to agree with you codemastr, perhaps better wording would be "Use this forum to talk about general mIRC and IRC related topics" even tho logic would dictate since its a mIRC forum that we wouldnt be getting into every topic under the sun, it does leave it open to wide interpretation. No offense intended to anyone, but some ppl fail to use logic.

Altho, like any good help thingie, even tho we perhaps cant answer a question about something totally unrelated, we may be able to aim the poster to some place that can help them that they wouldnt otherwise know about.

#32783 28/06/03 09:02 PM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
IMO, a reply stating only that something isnt mIRC related is needless and a waste of bandwidth and everyone's time. um, duh... its obvious the poster knew he wasnt discussing a mIRC issue. It takes very little of anyone's time to reply that a nonmIRC/IRC subject such as this one isnt one we can help with and if possible make a suggestion of how they might find help. If i can aim a legitimate poster in the right direction i will, even tho it isnt mIRC or IRC related. Nor is it necessary to click the notify moderators button about a post that isnt offensive, spamming, illegal or against policy but is simply about a non-mIRC issue.

#32784 28/06/03 09:25 PM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
ok then, maybe there should of been something to tell me what to use the notify moderator button for, but i wont use it like that again frown

Link Copied to Clipboard