Print Thread
#32702 27/06/03 09:34 PM
R
r3llik Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
R
I usually connect through a real broadband connection, but when I'm at my fathers I connect throught dialup, AOL to be precise. The first few times I used it everything was fine and dandy, but now I am getting this annoying message "Unable to creat socket". I dont know why it has started having these sockets problems, but it is annoying as all hell. Someone gimme some help. Thanks - r3llik. Could have something to do with the dynamic IP. I did notice that it started doing this after my dad installed Mcaffees Firewall, but I have shut that down and still get the same-ol problems.

#32703 28/06/03 08:56 AM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Heh, you're so much like me it's weird :P (I usually connect through cable, then connect with dialup at my dads. I also started havng problems with my computer after installing and reinstalling a firewall - although it was Norton's.)

Anyhoo, it probably is McAfee - It probably left something on your computer, even if you uninstalled it.

Firstly, I'd contact AOL. Secondly, I'd try contacting McAfee and see if they can help.

G'luck

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#32704 29/06/03 10:25 AM
R
r3llik Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
R
Thanks, I hadn't unistalled it, you miss understood me, I was just closing it down. I figured out that even when I was closing the active taskbar icon out, the program was still running in the background. I investigated more thoroughly and figured out how to disable the firewall properties and iBOOOM! it worked. Thanks for the reply anyways.

r3llik

Link Copied to Clipboard