Print Thread
#32694 27/06/03 08:18 PM
P
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
P
Hi Guys/Gals,

I am in the preliminary stages of setting up my own irc network.
I wanted a script that would let me close down any disruptive channels, rather than just killing the channel.
In my experience this it to enter the room deop the operators (i wil enter will op status because of the admin account) then change the modes to make it moderated etc. Give a short message about why the room is being closed down, change the topic and then leave the channel.

I found a good script that provided me with the mass deop features and i have scripted the rest myself however...

To intiate the actuall mass deop i have to waste time pressing a button on a popup.

I am very new to scripting but i am eager to learn as i think it gives you more control than if you used a preprogrammed bot.

Can anyone tell me how i can get this mass deop script to intiate as soon as a enter the room.? so i can be in and out asap.

I would be very grateful

Many Thanks

Phoenix_UK

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
this 1 wont be very fast but:

alias massdeop {
var %i 1
while (%i <= $nick($chan,0)) {
if ($nick($chan,%i) isop $chan) && ($nick($chan,%i) != $me) {
mode # -o $nick($chan,%i)
}
inc %i
}
}

new username: tidy_trax
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
im sure you will know where to put it?

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
I can think of a good place to stick a size 14 1/2 foot....You could have edited to your first post instead of making a new one.... mad

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
so, when i make a post that isnt pointless, you call it pointless, when i make a pointless post(its understandable), and you get mad when i make a helpful post just because its in a new 1;\, i didnt think to edit.

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
A pointless post in my opinion is to make a post that repeats what someone else has already stated...the reason I commented on this post is so you will know that you can edit rather than posting to increase your post count....In all actuallity you could have just left your first post and not commented again...

Quote:

i didnt think to edit.

Maybe you should start thinking more often....thats what everyone is giving you such a hard time about....repeating what someone has already stated, and making unnecessary posts to increase your post count...If you would listen to what everyone else has said to you and you followed through you would notice fewer people giving you a hard time.....

Do not reply to my post....just leave it at that, otherwise more people will more than likely get involved and drag this thread to being totally of topic from the original post....

P
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
P
The script i use deops the whole room fine and the follow on such as mode change and topic change is also fine.

This is the mass deop script i am using.

alias mop {
/set %m 1
:jump1
/set %mnick $nick(#,%m)
if (%mnick == $null) { halt | /unset %except }
if (%mnick == %except) { /inc %m | goto jump1 }
if (%mnick >= a) { /mode # +o %mnick }
inc %m
goto jump1
}

It all works fine what i need to know is how to intiate this script when i enter a channel.

Anyone got any ideas ?

Many Thanks
Phoenix_UK

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Erm, that's Mass Op not Mass Deop.
I am not too sure on what you meant, but try.
Code:
alias mass {
  if ($1 == DO) { set %mass 0 | :jump1 | inc %mass 1 | if (%mass &gt; $nick(#,0)) { goto end } | if ($nick(#,%mass) == $me) { becho Mass De-Oping All Ops!! | goto jump1 } | if $nick(#,%mass) isop $chan mode $chan -o $nick(#,%mass) | goto jump1 | :end | unset %mass }
}

on *:JOIN:#: {
if ($me isop $chan) { mass DO }
}

Link Copied to Clipboard