mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
mohawk Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
ok say i am in #test i will start typing in the status window and something will happen in test and th cursor will move to the type line in test this is REALLY annoying say i am typing my password for my nick example i type /msg nicserv identify mypassword
ok i'll start typing /msg nic (something happends in #test coursor goes there and i did not look) kserv identify mtpassword press enter now EVERYONE in #test knows my password HOW do i stop this it also happends if i have to channels open i will be typing in one channel something happends in another and the typing is half where i started and half where the other chan is

tried to explain it good i looked in help for focus ect but could not find

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Well, if mirc has just joined a channel, was kicked, or is parting a channel, ofcus to that window is gives. The best thing you can do is wait for all the windows to appear, or if it is your auto-join make sure you do "join minimized" so that they are not focusd.

-KingTomato
M
mohawk Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
Well all windows are open what happends is if any one Joins/parts or TYPES in #test it gets focus it NEVER did this on older versions

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Thats not an option in mIRC I've ever seen, are you running plain mIRC with no scripts?

M
mohawk Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
i am using Complete Protection System (CPS) to protect against floods ie you type CRAP 30 times in a row it will ignore you after the 3d time for x mins it is on ALL channels but only #test stays focused when someone types/parts/leaves the other channels do not become focused when someone joins/parts/types

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Try typing /remote off and then trying it

M
mohawk Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
ok just did it in that channel and it STILL does it Thank you for helping me do ya have any other suggestions?

M
mohawk Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
OMG I AM SO DAM STUPID

it just so happends that someone typed/joined/ parted when my timer went off or VERY close to it lol this is the timer i had in my on connect /timer 1 30 /join #test so EVER 30 sec it would try to join #test lol i have changed it to /timer 0 30 /join #text but it STLL trys to join EVERY 10 sec (i have not used Mirc for a while but i KNOW that it use to be that /timer 0 10 means the timer will go off once then stop) did they change that?

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
/timer 0 10 means it will try to join every 10 seconds until u stip the timer.

/timer (-m = milliseconds) repetitions(0 = until u stop) time in seconds between

new username: tidy_trax
M
mohawk Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
ok so how do i make a timer that only does it ONCE
(it will only join the channel then turn off)

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
/timer 1 30 join #text

M
mohawk Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
TYVM i don't beleave i made such a mistake it has been a LONG time guess i will have to relearn Mirc again

again THANKS for the help

Link Copied to Clipboard