Print Thread
#32386 26/06/03 04:20 PM
I
icez Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
I
Well, I've been able to make those myself, except the fact that the matrices are a little bit slower because of the way I did it. My suggestions would be to make arrays and matrices available to mIRC. For example:
Code:
/array [-r] <name> item,item,item,item,..
$array(name,N)

and..
Code:
/matrix [-r] name x:y value
$matrix(name,x,y)

For curious people, the way I did it, is by saving an array into a variable this way:
Code:
^cItem^cItem^cItem^cItem
where ^c is a special character (like chr(6)) then using gettok/numtok, etc.. I retrieve N item, into the array by reading the variable with some *tok. Same thing for matrices, execept that they have 2 set of special characters (to separate rows and columns)

howdy, cowboy.
#32387 26/06/03 04:35 PM
C
Babel fish
Babel fish
C
This suggestion has been posted many many times already, when posting an idea, next time use the search feature and make sure so set it to search for all content regardless of how old it is... good suggestion though, I made a post about it myself here.

#32388 26/06/03 04:36 PM
T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
A matrix is technically just an array of arrays, so why bother with a different command?

Also, I think tokens (/help $gettok, among other commands) are made to be kind of a substitute for arrays and such (at least, it can be)

-------------
I am the self-appointed God of needlessly complex mIRCscript.
#32389 26/06/03 08:58 PM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
My guess is because he probably wanted matrix operations as well, things that have no meaning in a 2-d array. A matrix is a special 2-d array consisting only of numbers. And because of that you get a bunch of mathematical operations you can do such as multiplying/adding/subtracting two matrices, as well as manipulating the individual rows of a matrix.

#32390 27/06/03 10:30 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It would be nice if mIRC handled Hash Tables internally in such a way that allowed you to create a multi-dimensional array / matrix. I'm just not sure what kind of limits Windows would have on creating the thousands and thousands of hash tables necessary to make this work. Perhaps hash tables would be the wrong approach, and something much simpler could be used. Just my thoughts on the matter.

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
#32391 27/06/03 01:57 PM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Windows would have no limits on such a thing. There is no CreateHashTable function in Windows, if Khaled uses hash tables, then he wrote the code to handle it himself. The only limitation is available memory. But as for allowing multidimensional hash tables, thats simply not how hash tables work.

#32392 28/06/03 04:08 PM
I
icez Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
I
Sorry:\ I actually did search the word 'matrix', 'matrice', and 'array' in everything:\

howdy, cowboy.

Link Copied to Clipboard