Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
G
Hi.
I'm using something like:
Code:

set %var $gettok($did(dialog,id),1,32)

to assign a number to the variable from an icon.

This worked like a charm right until 6.03, then all my idents using those variables return the full $did(icon) string, like Index Path\file.icl

I really don't get why, because it's the same technique I've used for a long time.
Having spent a long time trying to locate where it happens has returned notting.
Problem has been reproduced on other machines and on several of my scripts. Darn! blush

Edit:
Basically, in 6.01 the variables end up looking like
%col1 7

while in 6.03 they end up looking like
%col1) 7 C:\mIRC\icons.icl

Any ideeas??

Last edited by Gellerup; 23/12/02 06:36 AM.
#3133 23/12/02 06:35 AM
C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C

do this

echo -s * gettok( $did(dialog,id) ,1,32)

and lets see what it returns

then tell us what u want the var to be set to

Cobra^

#3134 23/12/02 07:06 AM
G
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
G
Returns a number only, just like it should and like I found out while going thourgh the rutines step by step.
Thats what so strange, things work like they should, except with 6.03.

Hmm, was fiddeling around with it while typing and found this that really confuses me:
If I disable the part that closes my dialog, (dialog -x amp), in my on:dalog:sclick: event so that it does everything else but close the dialog, eg. settig the colors, everything works like it should. But, this is the part that gets me, if I type /dialog -x amp in the edit box then the variables gets twsted around!!??

It's when the dalog closes, and both via script and command line, those variables gets f***** up and only in 6.03??

Lemme point out that it's ONLY a problem with mirc 6.01.. It's driving me crazy..

#3135 23/12/02 08:19 AM
C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
ok .. i dont know dialogs .. that may be why i dont understand you

but i should be able to figure this out although i cant read minds lol...

i have no clue what your dialog does or what its for or what the control is that your even refering to with the $did()

is it an editbox .. a listbox .. what .. can u post some kind minimal code that could be used to reproduce this.

by minimal i mean strip out everything except the bair minimum thats required to reproduce it .. meaning just an empty dialog with that one control on it and whatever event u need to show what its doing.. explain whatyour expecting it to do ..

thanks

Cobra^

#3136 23/12/02 10:18 AM
G
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
G
Yea I'm also finding it very hard making it clear what it is I mean.

The dialog control I'm getting the value for the variable is an icon. The icon file contains 16 seperate icons from 0 to 15 in the index representing the basic 16 colors mirc handles.
When I press the Ok button in the dialog it goes thrugh a while rutine that asigns values to variables from different icons in the dialog. Works great and that rutine has worked great for me for a long time, right until I udated mirc exe in my mirc dir.

I can't post any code right now that produces the error but the thing that drives me crazy is that it has been working for so long time, just not under 6.03.

The only thing I can figure out is that the code is working the way it is supposed to but when I or the script closes the dialog with dialog -x amp some variables gets f'''''' up. That's not something in the code as far as I can see.
Only happens when the dialog gets closed and only on 6.03, the rutines work the way they are expected to.

Arghh! shocked

Will try to write some code that reproduces the problem, it's just that those scripts that's affected are pretty big.
One of em is a winamp script. If you'r interested you could try it and see the problem, you only need to load the script in your 6.03, presume your using 6.03, test while winamp is running. Then put 6.01 exe in your mirc dir, start it and test while winamp is running.. That should show you the problem right away.

PM me if your interested

Link Copied to Clipboard