F
feit Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
F
Helle there.

I can't DCC send or chat as far as I remind to have 6.x versions and/or WinXP

I tried every ways to solve the problem. My last test was to use a scratch mIRC on the DMZ (knowing out of NAT filtering), eliminating any firewalling/scripting/options/exe-corruption errors and the problem still appears.

I have quite amazing return on DCC Send, variable but looking like :
Code:
-
) Unknown command
-
èQPZϲÊàøŒW‘ý] ½Õµ	ÒÚ\;©¥âã`Fš7¸¡Qè Unknown command
-
) Unknown command
-
èQPZ Unknown command
-

Almost all of sendee reported that error
Code:
DCC Resume from feit rejected (invalid parameters)

On of them ever gave me that strange behavior, looking like my DCC send command was treated as a SAY... :
Code:
<feit> DCC SEND whb.jpg hÜÉ°B¸¸B°PZp®BhÜÉ°B¸¸B°PZ 83270

I think it involves WinXP oriental langages support (that I use but not in mIRC). Disabling it has removed any of these really strange messages but still resulted in timeouts. I'll try to fully remove it (for diagnose), but it'll be great if mIRC could manage with that in some future version :tongue: Or if any of you could help me to resolve this puzzle smile

Thanks for that great software.
feit

PS: Well I forgot : incoming DCCs are OK, as is localhost detection smirk

Q
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
Q
1. in some versions of windows XP the firewall is turned on by default- it doesn't allow mIRC 2 listen 4 a socket connection- disabling it may solve the problem.

2. when sending really long file name, so the whole filename may not fit in the msg length limitation of ur IRC server. mIRC uses $chr(1) at the end and the beginning of a DCC send request, when u hit the limitation- the last $chr(1) is not transmitted and resulted as a single message and not a DCC request. try 2 change the filename 2 short only english name.

3. mIRC never sends unknown commands if u not requested that-
Code:

èQPZϲÊàøŒW‘ý] ½Õµ	ÒÚ\;©¥âã`Fš7¸¡Qè Unknown command

this is impossible in clean script- try cleaning ur script- this errors will be removed.

4. the way mIRC detects the local IP address- is 2 request that from ur OS by default, this is related 2 ur connection type- if its a simple dial up connection and ur ISP doesn't block incoming connection- it should work. anyway- in the option dialog and local info item- u can specify ur correct IP address 4 mIRC.

5. some IRC servers block DCC sends by default- and u have 2 open that- check ur status window of server notices 4 details.

6. check if u can send using other peer-2-peer communicating software files.

there r many other ideas I can think of- try 2 b more specific, and don't report it in a bug report message board.

F
feit Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
F
Quote:

1. in some versions of windows XP the firewall is turned on by default- it doesn't allow mIRC 2 listen 4 a socket connection- disabling it may solve the problem.

3. mIRC never sends unknown commands if u not requested that- this is impossible in clean script- try cleaning ur script- this errors will be removed.

4. the way mIRC detects the local IP address- is 2 request that from ur OS by default, this is related 2 ur connection type- if its a simple dial up connection and ur ISP doesn't block incoming connection- it should work. anyway- in the option dialog and local info item- u can specify ur correct IP address 4 mIRC.

6. check if u can send using other peer-2-peer communicating software files.

Nothing new here, sorry, but everything is in the first post.

Quote:

2. when sending really long file name, so the whole filename may not fit in the msg length limitation of ur IRC server. mIRC uses $chr(1) at the end and the beginning of a DCC send request, when u hit the limitation- the last $chr(1) is not transmitted and resulted as a single message and not a DCC request. try 2 change the filename 2 short only english name.

I don't think so, the problem apears with any file. Then I haven't really checked it. I'll do with a root 8.3 filename. Coming in a future reply.

Quote:

5. some IRC servers block DCC sends by default- and u have 2 open that- check ur status window of server notices 4 details.

this isn't server-related as other people's DCC goes well. Moreover I used to connect to half-a-dozen servers (thanxs to 6.x) and DCC never work. Actually, the error triggers on a client-to-server command.

Quote:

there r many other ideas I can think of- try 2 b more specific, and don't report it in a bug report message board.

I can't be more specific. I allready put hudge details in the post. Though I posted a bug report because I'm certain this involves an mIRC internal and specific bug. If not I'd have solved it myself.

Let's say my foreign english caused that misunderstanding, but, Quizer, maybe you may not take unknowns so high mad

Link Copied to Clipboard