mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Raccoon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Currently, the /DID command doesn't do much more than modify the text and state (visible, checked, etc) of a dialog element. I would like to be able to create, reposition, resize, and modify an element's attributes... all while the dialog is being displayed.

I always just assumed that /did had these abilities, until I actually tried to use it today.

I would also like to see the On Dialog 'mouse' and 'uclick' events work for other elements besides the dialog's background. I know that any element that has a Window Handle (hWnd) should have this ability.

Thanks for the consideration in advance. smile

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Well you can "create" new controls using /did. Simply create them in the dialog definition, then ON DIALOG INIT, set them to hidden. Then whenever the specific event you want to add a new control on occurs, unhide it. And as for the mouse/uclick, yes they could be triggered, it's just generally ugly code to actually do it.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
i don't think he want to 'hide' them and then show, i think he want to create a local id's when the dialog is open which won't save in the dialog table in his file

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Yes I know exactly what he is saying, I'm just giving him an alternative way to do it.

Raccoon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Right, I thought of the idea to create a bunch of each control and unhide them, but that too is ugly... as this is a dialog creator script I'm writing.

As far as your ugly code, if it doesn't include a timer, I'd like to see it.

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
Hrm.
I'd love to be able to do all this as well.

*COUGH* DLL Coders - shouldn't you be able to create something along the lines of MDX's custom controls that allows the dynamic creation/destruction of form objects? I'm vaguely aware that visual basic 6 offers the ability to do this-dynamic form elements-so it seems only natural that with a bit more effort C++ could be used to create a more powerful element... just using the dialog's hwnd to base everything offa...

No doubt the dialog creator script you mention works off of writing a dialog to a file and loading it... the mess... *shudders*

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Creating, destroying, repositioning and resizing dialog elements can be done with the use of MDX. Though I do agree that it would be good to be able to do it simply by using /did

- Jason

Link Copied to Clipboard