Print Thread
D
DJSi Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
D
Hi,

I've got quite an annoying problem here. I'm using Mirc 6.03 and connect to Linknet and use WinSSL to connect so that my hostname is masked. I often idle in channels for a few hours now and again or even for shorter periods, and at some point I'm disconnected, but Mirc doesn't know about it. It looks as if I'm still in the channel and that everythings fine, until I try to type something or do anything in the channel(s) and then Mirc realises and displays "disconnected" and then reconnects.

So any ideas why this happens? Anyone else having this problem?

I thought it could be because it has an idle timeout or something and disconnects me (and Mirc just doesn't realise). So is there a script I can use at regular intervals post something to a channel? That way hopefully I won't seem like I'm idling and therefore won't be disconnected.

Please help if you can.
Thanks smile

Last edited by DJSi; 19/06/03 10:28 PM.
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
1. yes, ppl have reported this happening

2. isnt mIRC that would do an idle disconnect, but the server (assuming its a pingpong idle disconnect and not some other winsock error disconnect)

3. in mIRC, type /help /timer (but be respectful of the channel and dont set it to display something every other minute)

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
D
DJSi Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
D
Ah, Thanks. Seems to be keeping me alive now.

So is that the problem with SSL IRC servers, they timeout idle connections?

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
most servers will ping your mIRC on a regular basis to see if the connection is still "alive". I cant speak to the policies of the server/network you are on, sorry.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard