mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
___ Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
Hello all. Firstly, I apologise if this on the wrong board, and if it has been asked before. I was wondering if there is a script available to download just for infolines. I hope I use the correct term. When a user enters a channel, I want my nick to automatically say something, that I specify. To clarify, I am looking for a script which does the following:

*newperson has entered #channel
<me> [newperson] Look, this is his infoline.

I have seen such scripts been used before by people, but my searching for such a script has been unsuccesful. I admit, I know very little about such things, so that is why I ask here; hopefully for some friendly help from knowledgable people. Again, my apologies if this is not right for the board - I hope it has not caused too much of a disturbance.

Thankyou very much for your time.

___

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Code:
ON infoline:JOIN:#the_channel:{
   .msg $chan $chr(91) $+ $nick $+ $chr(93) $ulist($nick,infoline,1).info
}

alias addinfo {
   .auser infoline $1 $2-
}
alias delinfo {
   .ruser infoline $1
}

Paste all of that into the remote section (alt+r), but make sure to change #the_channel to the channel you want this to work on. Then to add someone to the info list type (using your example):

/addinfo newperson Look, this is his infoline.

And to remove newperson's infoline:
/delinfo newperson

Note: I didn't actually test that code, but it should work.

___ Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
Thankyou for your help. I appreciate your time. Though I have a question, if I may ask. When I hit "alt+r" the window that comes up wants me to edit the one script I am using. Should I put what you gave me in that file, or do I need to do something else? One other thing. What if I wanted to do this for multiple channels? Is this possible? If so, how can this be achieved? Thanks again for your prompt reply.

___

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Ok well you can put it in that file, or you can alt+r then go to file | new, then paste it in a new file, then click file | save to save it. As for doing it in multiple channels, you can seperate them by commas, i.e. "#channel1,#channel2" And that will make it work on both.

___ Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
Thankyou, I have now done that. Though, when I try to do /addinfo username The infoline, I keep getting "ADDINFO Unknown command" displayed. I am sure it is something obviously wrong I have done, but I do not know what. I would appreciate your help again. Thanks once more.

___

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Was:

Code:
alias addinfo {
   .auser infoline $1 $2-
}

Included in what you added?

___ Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
I copy+pasted exactly what you have originally told me:

ON infoline:JOIN:#channelname:{ .msg $chan $chr(91) $+ $nick $+ $chr(93) $ulist($nick,infoline,1).info}alias addinfo { .auser infoline $1 $2-}alias delinfo { .ruser infoline $1}

I have altered the '#channelname' part. Is this correct?

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Well it has to be on seperate lines.

___ Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
Heh, told you I didn't know much about it. Well, I've done that now, but I still get the same message come up. I made sure that what I have is exactly what you wrote above. Any other ideas? Thanks again.

___

___ Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
I would edit my previous post here, but the maximum edit time has expired. I hope this is not seen as a post bump. I found this little bit of script that works as an autogreet/infoline. The only problem is, I can only get one nick added to it. Anyone else that I add just get the same autogreet. Here is what I have:

ON 1:JOIN:#channel: { /msg $chan Hi $nick Welcome! }

As you know, I have little knowledge of scripts and the like, so I would very much appreciate anyone to give me a hand with this. Thankyou for your time.

___

___ Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
Perhaps someone could direct me to a different forum where this might be better suited.

___

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Just a hint, whenever you copy and paste things from the "code" tag, as u've seen they go on a single line. Try copying it, paste to wordpad (Startmenu>>run "wordpad") and then from wordpad, reselect, and copy again (this saves it in wordpad format) then to mirc. There is an extra step, but when you get ling lines of code in this forums, its all worth it. >:D

*mumbles something about why the forum has to use xml breaking that doesn't work when u paste, mumble mumble*

-KingTomato

Link Copied to Clipboard