mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
Anyone know how I can stop mirc activating a window when ur kicked? It's really really really annoying since it minimises my game whenever it happens and it usually takes forever and screws the game up. I'd rather posted whether they know or not, cause I'm not sure if there is a way so I would like to know if no one else knows rather than just sitting here waiting while no one posts :tongue:

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Umm, if I understand you correctly, a new window pops up when you're kicked from a channel...default mIRC will not do this, and I don't know of any options which pop up a window when you get kicked. There are some events you can have which will pop up a new window, so first let's just make sure it's not that:

File > Options > Display > Windows

Clear any and all check boxes in that window.

If that doesn't work, then I'm guessing you have some sort of script. Either unload the script - //unload -rs scriptname.ext or type /remote off before starting your game.

If that doesn't work either, try using the Search option on this forum for any other related issues, and see if that contains any info.

If none of the above works, either reinstall mIRC and when it asks if you want to keep the options of any previous mIRC's, choose NO, or you can repost here and tell everyone it hasn't worked and we can continue to help you!

G'luck.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
M
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
I'll go try some of that then, although unloading the script isn't an option cause I'm using nonamescript :tongue: but I don't think that's the problem, I've looked through all the code for kicks and joins and can't find anything that activates the window, plus the same thing happens in my basic mirc. I'll go see what removing some display thingys does...

M
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
hmmz, nothing there was checked anyway. I'll keep fiddling

M
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
Hmmz, well i've just tested exactly what happened last night to make it minimise and it's not doing it again. It happened as I was kicked but it's not happening everytime. It's only happened a few times to me, mainly cause I don't get kicked all too often as I made a script that makes it impossible to ban me for longer than about 1 second when I have L flags on a channel. Until I can get it to happen again there's not much I can do about it. I don't suppose it will happen again until I really really don't want it to :tongue: so I'll have to go do some ownage gaming again.

T
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
T
Hey. I am having 100% the same problem. It's ALLWAYS happening for me. but mainly for server reconnects.

It tuns me NIUTS. I also *need* channels set as desktop. I just cannot do without that.

Any help?

Link Copied to Clipboard