mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
G
gpn Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
G
It's odd that mirc would support links of the form <a href="irc://EFnet/mirchelp" target="_blank">irc://EFnet/mirchelp</a> (or whatever it is) within IE, yet not support that format in its own URL recognition scheme.

Actually I never have been able to get it to work in IE, but I'd think it would at least work in mirc itself.

I'm just sayin'. wink

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you mean being able to click on an irc:// link in a channel to visit that channel, it's not a bad idea though it would make unsolicited advertising more common.

D
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
D
not bad idea thought. smirk and the use of ftp://* was also nice grin

¬ Jušt a dreåmer ¬¸¿
DeSean · #CC @ netvisao.ptnet.org
Up to 1 bilion IRC players
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
ON ^*:HOTLINK:*irc*:*:{
if (. isin $1 && $left($1,6) == <a href="irc://)" target="_blank">irc://)</a> return
halt
}

ON *:HOTLINK:*irc*:*:{
if (. isin $1 && $left($1,6) == <a href="irc://)" target="_blank">irc://)</a> .url $1
halt
}

Then irc:// will work perfectly.

V
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
V
perhaps without the if (. isin $1) part - <a href="irc://dalnet/#somechan" target="_blank">irc://dalnet/#somechan</a>

And all I need now is intellectual intercourse, a soul to dig the hole much deeper
G
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
G
yes, that would work -- but the idea is to be able to help newbie users join channels. i think that would be why anyways.... thats what i would use it for wink lol

G
gpn Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
G
Yes, I know perfectly well how to script it.

I was suggesting it as a Feature, so that other people who do NOT know how to script it could use it.

Then I could tell people "click here" instead of "carefully type this line including all punctuation".

R
Babel fish
Babel fish
R
Glad I did a quick search before posting. smile

Yes, it would be nice if mIRC supported it's own protocol identifier (irc://) along with telnet:// gopher:// and all the others... shouldn't be too hard to just get the associations from the OS like any other program.

What I'd like to see is full use of the URL qualifiers such as <a href="irc://username:password@hostname.ext/channel?command=parameter" target="_blank">irc://username:password@hostname.ext/channel?command=parameter</a> and the like.

Link Copied to Clipboard