Knowing the file location of the background image for a channel would be helpful.
The task I have in mind would be to allow scripter's to create a 2nd [temporary] background, based off of the original in the window, to alert the person sitting behind the PC to short but important changes taking place in the channel.
To get even more specific, if this was made possible, the first thing I would do would be to writeup a script that would display in the #channel background:
- whether nickname changes are allowed
- whether the topic can be changed without having ops
- whether a floodkicker mechanism is in place (I've seen them on CR & Unreal servers, I thiink)
- whether the channel is moderated
- whether mIRC has a saved password to the channel somewhere in its settings
Within a short amount of time after join - no less than 3 seconds and no more than 10 seconds - the original background image would be restored. If the user parts/quits/is kicked/exits before restoration, the original image will still be restored whenever they rejoin.