mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#28922 10/06/03 12:13 AM
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
My suggestion is just an improvement to the channel central dialog giving it more control over a channel. For example, I've made a replacement for the channel central in my script which contains tabs for flooding, spamming, swearing, etc., I've also added a few extra modes such as +G, +R, +C. I know this is all easily scriptable, but it's also slower, especially in the case of the flood protection.

- Jason
#28923 10/06/03 12:23 AM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Well the thing with +G +C and +R is they are not available on all servers, and they don't always do the same thing on all servers. For example, some servers use +C as "no colors" others use it as "no CTCPs", but nonetheless I would support adding new modes, just in a different way. Something like a "channel central" section of alt+o where you can define additional modes present on networks, like

Network: DALnet
[Add Mode]

Clicking add mode prompts you to enter the mode letter, say R, and then a description "only registered nicks may join", a checkbox of whether the mode accepts a parameter. For the big networks, mIRC could have a builtin method of storing their additional modes so that for example for DALnet you wouldn't have to add +R, because mIRC would know to do it on its own.

#28924 10/06/03 01:23 AM
P
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
P
A long time ago (about a year and a half ago) this was suggested. I distinctly remember Khaled replying saying mIRC would display the Channel Central dialog according to the server type (i.e. IRCd, IRCX) in a future version. Nothing seemed to have became of it yet, though.

#28925 10/06/03 04:43 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The best thing to do here is make your own channel central that is taylored to the network you use. I did this and it works well. 2300 lines of code later I had a channel central with features that I know for a fact that no IRC programme could ever support.

Link Copied to Clipboard