#28812 09/06/03 08:56 AM
H
hex Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
H
(spam deleted)

Please don't spam the boards. These boards are a place for help, not a place to promote your addons.

Thanks for understanding,
-chris

Last edited by d00dman; 09/06/03 03:46 PM.
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Thanks for the spam!

Moderators: What about making the forum so that you can't use [url] if it is your first post? I don't think I've seen anyone who used post #1 to include a URL that wasn't spam.

H
hex Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
H
What the... Is that spam? That's an informational message. There is no "[3rd party] plugins" section. Make one.

A
Babel fish
Babel fish
A
If we really needed your dll, we would search for it in google or in any mirc scripting related website. So I have to agree with codemastr, it's spam, announcing your dll on the forums.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
There is no forum to announce such things because we don't want to hear about such announcments. There are numerous mIRC script/dll sites out there. The people who want to know when new scripts/dlls are released will check those sites to get that information. But that doesn't mean that they want to be informed here. If everytime a new script or dll was released it was posted here, these forums would contains hundreds if not thousands of posts just about new releases.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Altho you may consider it "informational", its still spam. Considering the probs we deal with as a result of ppl using scripts/addons/plugins they dont understand fully, it wouldnt make much sense to then allow ppl to post their urls here. Anyone having a prob with something they found here would be bound and determined to blame it on mIRC.

As for a section on third party plugins, there are numerous sites that inspect the ones they allow to cut down on those that contain trojans/cause probs. That isnt the purpose of this forum and quite honestly i see no need for it here.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
In addition, thats what sites like http://www.mircscripts.org are for. If you want fdeedback, they also have users that rate the file, and suggest improvements/changes/etc.

-KingTomato
H
hex Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
H
Okay, beg thy pardon.

Link Copied to Clipboard