E
enenen Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
E
create a new forum named "Valuable Feature Request List"
users cannot start discussion there, but can reply
discussions is moved from "Feature Request" to there, while it may not be build into mIRC, but it's worthable for discussion, read, or just even for list

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
What is regarded as 'valuable' though? That is the thing that is subject to meaningful debate in the features forum.

D
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
I think the more important thing is for Khaled to take time to read all the posts, which obviously he doesn't have time to do. But that is what the moderators of the message board are for. They can notify Khaled of the important features, or good ideas.

E
enenen Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
E
i don't know either but just an idea
there's too much craps and duplicate
and some even just a problem/question the user himself
for a pop software as mIRC, feature suggestion is not only for author of mIRC to read, and also for other scripters, mIRC lovers, who like to read, to discuss, to collection suggestions to improve their own suggestion, etc

C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
I don't know if it would be better to leave the forum history intact or to slowly start removing duplicate posts...

Anyway, on the whole issue, we have a post rating thing somewhere here don't we? You people like it, then rate it! Maybe it'll get attention then...

*edited bit below*
Ok, well maybe I'm wrong as I can't find my 'rate' button (just checked). Perhaps make the way more obvious to find (or if we don't have access to do it, cahnge that..)... or just call me stupid and point me in the right direction

Last edited by CloCkWeRX; 04/06/03 08:25 AM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood

Only Khaled and the moderators have access to a post's rating. I suggested on a previous post that Khaled/moderators use the rating level to dogear feature suggestion posts that seem reasonable and worth looking into... but I think the decision against this is to prevent ego trips on these forums.

- Raccoon
"Khaled rated MY feature suggestion with 5 stars, yours only got 2! :P"

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Duplicate posts are largely generated by those who are either new or do ot realise that there's a search engine. There are also instances when a user uses the search engine and either spells the keyword wrongly or does not understand English all that well. The only fair way to curb too much repetition would be to cull old threads, say older than 6 months or a given number of mIRC releases, etc.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Or add something like the swear filter. If matches(topic_text,"*more*color*codes") display "This has already been suggested a million times!"

Wouldn't stop them all, but it might help lower the number of duplicates.

E
enenen Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
E
mysql.com uses, it why not mIRC :P
but the one mysql.com used seems has been modified, and not the lastest version
the current one bugs.php.net using, will search before accept the bug report, and ask the user to confirm if it's really unique new bug report, not a dup one

and Forum isn't really good for bugs report(including feature quest)

Link Copied to Clipboard