Print Thread
#2781 20/12/02 11:37 PM
G
goth1c Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
G
Is Khaled likely to implement IPv6 into mIRC in future releases, or will this be left for someone else to catch up with their client? It's obvious DNS will still run as usual, but many mIRC procedures involving even some /SERVER, $ip, /DNS etc will involve IPv6, and if mIRC is not ready to evolve, we might see the dawning of a new client. But again, maybe this all depends on the TCP/IP stack. Seeing as IPv6 is currently only being implemented on the Windows XP/.NET platforms, could we see a change? smile

[this post was originally in the developer section, apologies if this is misread as spam grin]

goth1c
goth1c@hackers.net.nz

#2782 21/12/02 01:20 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
use the search feature here, all forums, and read what has already been said about IPv6

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
#2783 21/12/02 11:08 PM
D
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
D

--
http://www.globirc.net
irc.globirc.net
#2784 04/01/03 07:59 PM
A
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
A
If you really want a native Win32 / IPv6 / IRC Client, then let me suggest you try TinyIRC. It's relatively new, it's beta and only has the most basic IRC functions, but it's nice to look at and natively supports IPv6. TinyIRC Homepage..

Another Win32 IPv6 IRC Client is KVirc which is ported from linux. Most linux/unix IRC clients like BitchX and irssi already have IPv6 support, which is about as much as i can tell you about linux/unix as it is not my field of expertise. KVirc Homepage.

If you insist on using mIRC to connect to an IPv6 server, the only way to do this is through an IPv4 to IPv6 bouncer that runs locally on your computer (not neccesarily, but it's the most common setup). The only one i've heard of so far is AsyBoV6 (there probably are others). It's pretty straight-forwarded to set up, but there's a guide here. AsyBoV6 Homepage.

A list of IPv6 IRC Servers. I hope this helps.

PS: I'd also like mIRC to have IPv6 support somewhere in the future. Most people don't get why, but i guess i just like to play around with new stuff smile

Link Copied to Clipboard