mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
F
Freman Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
F
mIRC is a realy great program I'd like to say this first off...

But, I'm realy needing a feature added...

we can send raw server commands with the /quote command but... how can we recive them...

What I'd like to see is something like

on sendcmd (when ever mirc sends something)
and
on recvcmd (whenever mirc recives something)

with $1 set to the RAW protocol message (don't confuse this with RAW *:*: /echo $numeric type raw)

eg:
:Freman!twitsrus@ppp187-6.lns1.bne1.internode.on.net JOIN :#channel

I know, you've got the onjoin and stuff, but I want a one stop shop (c:

at least the undernet irc servers send user address on a /msg even when the users arn't on the same channel, and the IAL doesn't know about it. but, mirc it's self isn't using this, so I'd love a way to get at this underlying information...

again

Thanks for the hard work and effort you put into mirc

I hope this isn't to complex. confused

Freman

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
u can use /debug but it's probably not what u want cuz it's not an event, try using it in a hiden window and check every second (with a /timer) if u get something new (of course if it was an event it was much better then this way)

Last edited by ScatMan; 03/06/03 12:20 AM.
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
try RAW *:*:

and then an if statement on a raw from the server

D3m0nnet.com
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
why don't u read what he said

F
Freman Offline OP
OP Offline
F
kwah! yes, /debug would be good if it was an event... but as it is... it's utterly useless

Last edited by Freman; 03/06/03 01:16 AM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I think raw should have the capability of recognizing events that mirc already catches. I know things like PRIVMSG are not able to be enterpreted by the raw command, but wouldn't it be nice?

picture doing:

raw PRIVMSG:*: {
; my own commands
}

>:D

-KingTomato
C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
Messy Workaround:
Create a bnc of sorts that allows you to connect to it via sockets in mIRC. You'll get access to all of the raw IRC data, and be able to do stuff before mIRC's event handlers pick them up.

[IRC server]<----->[yourBNC]<->[mIRC]

But, it is messy.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
for that matter, /sockopen server $+ $rand(1,999) my.favorite.irc 6667

then enterpret the socket data on my own.

-KingTomato
F
F
Yeah, if $debug were modified to be useful (instead of its current function) in a way like returning the actual protocol message a particular remote is activated by when it is used in one, it'd be cool. For example, $raw or $debug or something used in an on TEXT remote would return the PRIVMSG line that would have shown up in the debug window. Or have a raw remote you can simply use if statements on like you said. That would also fix my problem that i described in my "make $chan better" post.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
at least the undernet irc servers send user address on a /msg even when the users arn't on the same channel, and the IAL doesn't know about it. but, mirc it's self isn't using this, so I'd love a way to get at this underlying information...

Every user-driven event includes that user's address with it. If that user is not in the same channel as you, then no, it is not stored in the IAL. However, mIRC still sees it, and it can be accessed via $address and $fulladdress within the remote event (JOIN/PART/TEXT/etc).

A one-stop ON EVERYTHING event could be useful, but probably more wasteful resource wise. It would trigger on more useless things than useful... each time going through a long list of if-ifelse-else checks in hopes of matching at least one.

I think if (once) Khaled adds the Fall Through event suffex, as suggested by codemastr and Nimue, doing something like this would be MUCH easier.

On *:JOIN:#:[color:blue]&
On *:PART:#:&
On *:KICK:#: echo $chan * $event : $nick ( $+ $address $+ )[/color]

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
That would also fix my problem that i described in my "make $chan better" post.

This problem has been resolved with $target.
$target returns #channel,@#channel,Nickname depending on the appropriate target for a reply. (eg, if you were the target of the event (query) then THEIR nickname is specified in $target. /msg $target always works)

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!

Link Copied to Clipboard