Print Thread
K
Kufat Offline OP
Self-satisfied door
OP Offline
Self-satisfied door
K
I'm running Windows 10 21H1.

Since upgrading my installation of mIRC from 7.6x (don't recall the exact version, sorry) to 7.72, I've experienced hangs when connecting to my PC via Remote Desktop. When the hang occurs, mIRC is completely unresponsive and doesn't answer server pings, etc. The hangs seem to occur randomly, although thus far I haven't seen one when mIRC has had focus. I don't know if they're limited to Remote Desktop, as I don't currently have physical access to the machine.

Task Manager shows ~25% CPU usage when this happens, which corresponds to using all of one core on my machine.

I generated a core dump and can provide it privately, if that'd be helpful.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your bug report. I use mIRC via Remote Desktop all the time and have not come across this so far. There are so many reports of Remote Desktop freezing issues on Google that it is hard to know what the cause is. Microsoft has fixed issues with Remote Desktop freezes in Windows 10/11, so it could be related to that. I would really need a reliable method to reproduce this in order to track it down.

K
Kufat Offline OP
Self-satisfied door
OP Offline
Self-satisfied door
K
So far it hasn't happened again since upgrading to Windows 10 22H2. Coincidence? Fixed bug? Couldn't even guess. In any event, I'm not going to worry about this issue unless it occurs again. Thanks for the reply.

Link Copied to Clipboard