Print Thread
#270946 31/10/22 07:05 AM
M
mags1 Offline OP
Self-satisfied door
OP Offline
Self-satisfied door
M
Hi, Ï'm not mIRC-savvy, and need some assistance. Since my latest WINDOWS 11 update, I cannot get into mIRC with my nickname. Message is "nickname already in use". If I try with a new nickname, I get in. How can I fix it? What might the problem be?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You need to provide more information.

Does this happen at all networks or just 1?
if you use the /whois command on the nick, does it show an address that looks similar to the address showing for the nick you are using? or is it someone else who chose to use that same nick?

/whois mags1

There's a chance it could be you somehow launching 2 copies of mirc and one of them connects without you noticing, but it is hard to know from what you have said so far.

M
mags1 Offline OP
Self-satisfied door
OP Offline
Self-satisfied door
M
Thanks for your reply. I gave up in the end. It seems as though our favorite undernet servers are not existing anymore.
I'm a total fruitcake where mIRC is concerned.

I don't have any more info. My username was Mags1. I deleted mIRC, downloaded it again, tried again, same results. I was able to enter the channel I wanted, but there was nobody else there. Oy! The heartbreak!

Any assistance to get into a similar new, or alternative room will be greatly appreciated.

K
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
K
Undernet is still here.

/server irc.undernet.org

One possible theory as to why nobody was there: You connected to a server that was split off from the rest of the network and nobody was in that channel.

Link Copied to Clipboard