mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
maroon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
When mIRC starts up, a missing Alt+R scriptfile is loaded as a blank scriptfile and still appears in the Remote tab's view list. However, if an Alt+D aliases filename other than scripts\aliases.ini is missing, it is instead removed from the list of aliases loaded and does not appear in the Aliases tab's view list.

I assume the design intends that both types of user script files be handled consistently.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Right, I cannot seem to reproduce this issue here. I open the script editor, go the aliases section, use File/New to create a new alias file and type some text in the editbox. I then repeat this in the remote section. I exit mIRC. I delete both of the newly created alias and remote files. I then run mIRC and when I open the script editor, both files are still listed in the View menu in aliases and remote.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Upon further testing it turns out that the only one that doesn't vanish is the last alias in the list, and your added alias being the last one was the only one which would not be pruned from the list.
:-)

About a decade or two ago, I had a fleeting obsession with unloading excess/uncessary/empty/missing alias/remote files. This meant that if you tried to create more than one empty file with File/New, the editor would create it and then unload all other empty files. It also meant that if, on start up, there were missing files - mIRC would remove all of them except one - just in case you really, really needed that one empty file.

If I remember correctly, someone spotted an issue when doing this with remote files, so it was disabled for them. But I left it in place for aliases.

In retrospect: mildly amusing.

In the name of good sense, I will be changing the next beta to allow you to create, and keep open, as many empty alias files as you want. What a relief!

Link Copied to Clipboard