mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#270682 23/08/22 03:47 PM
maroon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
While answering a forum question, I discovered that the default popups.ini, which is identical to that of v7.45, and probably continues further back than that - has a harmless (i assume) bug in the bpopups section for the menubar popups.

Item n=10 is missing, so the items are numbered n0= through n9, then contains n11= through n20=. I also see n10= missing from [bpopups] in an install of v6.35, so it almost certainly dates back further than that.

If someone has ever used the Alt+P editor to make any edit then un-do it, the items of this section were renumbered n0= through n19= and there's no longer n10= missing

If I had to guess what happened, based on the preceding n= items of that section, I'm guessing that this item once contained the ctcp finger command, so when /finger was deprecated this was removed from popups.ini using notepad instead of using the Alt+P editor.

Edit: I'm informed by KindOne that this bug has been there in popups.ini since v5.71, so 22 years.

Also, for those whose O.C.D. is affected by popups.ini, if the official popups.ini will be edited, it would also be helpful for the 5 sections to be physically presented in the same order as in the popups editor's view menu. The section names aren't intuitive, as I my first guess was that "mpopup" was for the MenuBar, but is actually for the Status Window.

Last edited by maroon; 23/08/22 08:59 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks, fixed for the next version :-)

Link Copied to Clipboard