mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
N
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
N
I belong to a private chat group which discusses the religions of the world. Recently, the channel moved to irc.mircx.com. When I try to connect, I get this error message...

--irc.mircx.com--***You are not welcome on this network.
--irc.mircx.com--***Network-Banned for drones (2003/05/26 07.54)
--irc.mircx.com--***Your hostmask is narrator1!^dark^StYl@ilm26-191-127.ec.rr.com
--irc.mircx.com--***Your IP is 66.26.191.127
--irc.mircx.com--***For assistance, please email ircadmin@mircx.com and include everything shown here.
Closing Link: 0.0.0.0 (drones (2003/05/26 07.54))
Connection close.

Sometimes the hostmask is beerStylez or iceStylez or StyleZbeer or LightningStyleZ or something or other. I have tried mailing to ircadmin@mircx.com twice, but no answer. Could someone please help me?

By the way, I have only recently discovered what drones are, and I must add that I do not, nor did I ever, know how to use one.

C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C

- cF
Dedicated helper for rent.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Did you email the admins as the kill reason said to?

N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
"I have tried mailing to ircadmin[/b]@mircx.com twice, but no answer"
Apparently so.. wink

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Nah, I want to know if he included what they asked for in the email. When I get queries as to why people are banned they just say "I was banned for nothing" and "no reason was supplied" yet there is always a reason and if the kill was from Services there will be a kill ID as well, it's just not often taken notice of.

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
It because you are infected by a irc-trojan, and the trojan change your ident automatic .. I can't remember the name of the trojan ..
Install a anti-virus .. It Must help you !

mIRC Chm Help 6.16.0.3 Full Anchored!
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Not always.

If a particular ISP or domain is affected quite markedly by a trojan it is commonplace just to ban the entire domain until it is deemed that the trouble has passed. Innocent users who do the right thing and use AV software will often, as a result, get caught in the crossfire.

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Just remember, the trojan name is DNSX smile

N
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
N
This problem is solved. Thank you for being so very supportive. As it turns out, the virus was a trojan/backdoor that was installed onto my computer when my sister and cousin continuously downloaded files from this program called Blubster. I installed my copy of Norton AntiVirus (which came with the computer but was never used until now), and the problem was solved. Thank you all very much!

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
No problems smile

Link Copied to Clipboard