Print Thread
#270148 10/04/22 11:50 AM
K
Kozoku Offline OP
Self-satisfied door
OP Offline
Self-satisfied door
K
Mirc stopped connecting to any servers recently and nothing has changed in regards to any firewalls that I know of. I only use the one included with windows and AVG and Both of them have mirc as enabled .
It just spams this and stops eventually.
https://i.imgur.com/HWav4GZ.png

Dont know what else to check that might be blocking it or whatever else preventing it from connecting.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Your image was really hard to read, but I could barely make out this is Rizon, and the host behind the round-robin pool is disconnecting.

Is this happening at other networks like Libera.Chat or just this 1? If it's just this 1, there's a chance they banned you. If it's only the 1 network, you can try their webchat to see if they can tell if they've intentionally blocked you for some reason: https://rizon.net/chat

Another cause might be if you went into options/connect/options/ports then checked an option to prioritize ipv6 and you don't have that.

If there's some kind of problem with your firewall that you don't realize, one test could be to install mirc again into a new folder like c:\mirc\ then see if it works from there. If it does, then either you have a setting in the old mirc that's causing problems, or there really is something that made your firewall not like the old setup.

But the best bet would be to try to connect to a different network and see if there's an mirc channel there that can help, such as EFnet Libera.Chat Swiftirc

K
Kozoku Offline OP
Self-satisfied door
OP Offline
Self-satisfied door
K
It doesn't connect to any network I try. Using the webchat through a browser works fine and ipv6 is not selected. Reinstalling it seems to have worked, dont know why that would've mattered though since I never changed any settings in mirc in a long time and nothing has changed with my firewalls either.

Link Copied to Clipboard