mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
maroon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Tabcomplete glitches if you try to nick-complete when there's text beyond the cursor, and the cursor position points at a space or a comma.

/nick maroon767
* maroon is now known as maroon767
/join ##maroon2
* Now talking in ##maroon2
test m<tab><enter>
<@maroon767> test maroon767

now insert 2 spaces between 'test test' so you can perform a tabcomplete between the words while the cursor is not touching a letter.

before: foo <tab> bar
after: foo barmaroon767 bar

... with an extra 'bar' and the cursor in the middle of my nick

This doesn't happen when it's tabcompleting an 'm' into the full nick, but it does happen when the cursor position is at a space, or when it it's at a comma:

before: foo,<tab> bar
after: foo, barmaroon767 bar

... with the cursor again in the middle of my nick

I discovered this after creating "/notice nick1,nick2 message" and then after creating the message I went back to add another nick to the list

edit: repasted

maroon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
The beta references this thread as fixing the tab complete, but I'm not seeing a change in behavior.

When there are 2 spaces between foo and bar, and the cursor is between them, it's inserting a 2nd 'bar' text into the editbox line, and the cursor is in the middle of the nick that's been inserted between the bar's

And same thing is happening when the cursor is positioned to follow the comma. Again there's 2 bar's in the editbox, and the cursor is in the middle of the inserted nick.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks this should be fixed in the next beta.

maroon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Using <tab complete> when there's text following the cursor is no longer inserting spurious text into the editbox. However, it's no longer doing a behavior that I'm not sure was accidental or intentional.

Previously, when you pressed <tab> when the cursor was not touching a word and text was not beyond the cursor, it would insert a nick from the nicklist.

It would also do the same thing when touching a comma, so you could build a comma delimited list of all nicks by alternating pressing of the <tab> and the <comma> keys.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
That was definitely a bug :-) The tab complete should only be completing when you type a letter and press tab.

Link Copied to Clipboard