#269774 21/01/22 07:28 PM
Q
qr22 Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Q
Hello
So I changed my znc password today and when I try to connect I get the following message everytime:

-irc.znc.in- *** You need to send your password. Configure your client to send a server password.
-irc.znc.in- *** To connect now, you can use /quote PASS <username>:<password>, or /quote PASS <username>/<network>:<password> to connect to a specific network.

Anyone has a clue to get around that? so I dont need to use !quote PASS each time I connect. It has been working flawless before I changed the znc password.
I've also followed this wiki https://wiki.znc.in/MIRC

qr22 #269776 21/01/22 11:44 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I don't use ZNC, so I don't know for sure what's the problem.

But this behaves as if you mis-typed the password. It looks like ZNC requires you type a very long password string there, so if it's not 100% perfect then it's wrong. The server dialog doesn't give you the option of seeing the password as you're creating it, so let's try having you creating your password again, only this time do it a little differently.

Open NOTEPAD and create the username/network:password string in NOTEPAD where you can see what you're doing.

Next, highlight the string with your mouse, and then press Ctrl+C to copy it into your clipboard.

Next go to the MIRC server dialog and PASTE the string into the password field, then save it.

If this works, you must have made an error when you typed it the 1st time.

If it still doesn't work, check your messages window where you're now seeing the message demanding you send the password - are you seeing any other error messages preceding the one telling you to use quote-pass?

edit: if still having trouble, try coming to networks like libera.chat where ZNC has a channel, or ask in the mirc channel there

Last edited by maroon; 21/01/22 11:50 PM.
maroon #269777 22/01/22 04:46 AM
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
What maroon said but don't just save it, select the server right after you enter the new pwd and connect at least once so it saves it in the recent server or whatever.

Link Copied to Clipboard