mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
TECO Offline OP
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
Hi Khaled,

With the changes that the Favorites dialog had there is a function that stopped working. Before if we were connected to a network and when we opened the Favorites dialog and selected the channel (eg #mIRC) and clicked on Join, mIRC put that channel as the active window when this channel was called and now mIRC in beta version 7.67.2836 does not do anything.

This was useful because imagine that we are in a network with 20 opens channels and we don't want to search for the channel in the Treebar, we open the Favorites dialog, select the channel, click on Join and that's it. Now we have to go looking for the channel in the Treebar.

Is it possible to reset this function?

The same sort method is used for the Favorites menu in the menubar.

In the Favorites menu on the menu bar, sorting does not work the same as in the Favorites dialog. Or at least in the menu bar the channels are not grayed out.

Thank you!

TECO
irc.PTirc.org (Co-Admin)
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your bug report.

With the changes that the Favorites dialog had there is a function that stopped working. Before if we were connected to a network and when we opened the Favorites dialog and selected the channel (eg #mIRC) and clicked on Join, mIRC put that channel as the active window when this channel was called and now mIRC in beta version 7.67.2836 does not do anything.

I have not been able to reproduce this so far. If I am in the Favorites dialog, I select a channel, click the Join button, and the channel is joined and appears as the active window. Are you sure you do not have another setting or script that is minimizing the channel window?

In the Favorites menu on the menu bar, sorting does not work the same as in the Favorites dialog.

I have just checked the sorting in the Favorites menu and compared it to the Favorites dialog and they are the same. Can you please check this again and compare them line by line?

Or at least in the menu bar the channels are not grayed out.

Menus do not work in the same way as listboxes. If I grayed out the items in the menu, they would no longer be accessible. The menu continues to show the channels and allows them to be joined, in the same way that the dialog allows all channels to be joined, whether they are grayed out or not. This is a limitation of menus I'm afraid.

Thanks for your feedback.

TECO Offline OP
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
Originally Posted by Khaled
I have not been able to reproduce this so far. If I am in the Favorites dialog, I select a channel, click the Join button, and the channel is joined and appears as the active window. Are you sure you do not have another setting or script that is minimizing the channel window?

Yes it's true, it works. It was my fault. I have the "Minimize on Join" option active on these channels and that's why it didn't happen.

Menus do not work in the same way as listboxes. If I grayed out the items in the menu, they would no longer be accessible. The menu continues to show the channels and allows them to be joined, in the same way that the dialog allows all channels to be joined, whether they are grayed out or not. This is a limitation of menus I'm afraid.

Understand. I thought it would work the same.

Thanks for your explanation wink

TECO
irc.PTirc.org (Co-Admin)

Link Copied to Clipboard