OP Offline
Hoopy frood
W
Code
dialog test {
  size -1 -1 100 50
  button "timer +/window" ,1,5 5 90 20
}
on *:dialog:test:sclick:1:.timer -ho 1 1500 editbox -n /window -pdfoC @qtest -1 -1 200 100
When you execute /window from an on dialog event, (tested sclick and edit), the window is minimized after creation.

As you can see in my code I even try a long timer and /editbox -n, it's also not related to the -1 -1 parameter.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your bug report. This is due to mIRC overriding the way desktop windows open to prevent them from taking focus from an existing window. This was added around 20 years ago and has been updated several times since then. It's a bit of a strange one because each time it has been updated, it has added more exceptions - clearly due to users not liking the behaviour in specific contexts. So I can add /dialogs to the exception list as well - although at this point, the list of exceptions is covering almost everything :-]

W
Wims Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
W
Thanks for looking into it.

If users want to prevent the window/dialog they are about to open themselves from a dialog/window from taking the focus, then they should open the window minimized.

although at this point, the list of exceptions is covering almost everything :-]
clutch victory for logic cool let's go

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel

Link Copied to Clipboard