#269173 08/07/21 04:38 PM
Y
Yorel99 Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Y
Hello,

When I click on Tools > Log Files... I can see the list of logs...but when I select a file and click View, the window appears in the background, and looks ghosted. I can still X out the file, but it is pretty much impossible to read. This has persisted even after updating MIRC. I can still go to Script Options > Script Settings > Log View to read a log, but it doesn't edit the same way. Can anyone assist?

Yorel99 #269174 09/07/21 02:25 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Do you have the main mIRC Window set to Always "On Top"? Right-click mIRC's titlebar or application icon and inspect the "On Top" menu selection checkmark.

Do you have "desktop windows" set to semi-transparent under Display > Options > [Windows...] > "Transparency for desktop windows:" [n%]

Interface awareness: The log viewer window does not inherit mIRC main window's Always On Top setting and will have to be set to On Top itself otherwise it may be trapped beneath the mIRC main window. Play around with the settings under Display > Options.

You can also try this alias to fix layer transparency for a given desktop window. Add the following alias by typing:

Code
/alias F9 setlayer 127 @ $+ $activewid
and
/alias F10 setlayer 255 @ $+ $activewid

Then hit the F10 key while viewing the Log Viewer. (Hitting F9 should make the active desktop window semi-transparent again.)

Last edited by Raccoon; 09/07/21 02:35 PM.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
Raccoon #269175 09/07/21 09:00 PM
Y
Yorel99 Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
Thank you,

I think it was the transparency thing. I will see when I load Mirc again.

Once again, Thanks for the input

Link Copied to Clipboard