mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
K
Kosh Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
K
How do I restart the nickserv service? Our sysop is ill. He seems to be the only one in our group that would know how to do this.
All of our services seem to be down (chanserv etc...) When people login, the people who should be voiced are not.
While I have been a "user" for several years, I'm new to the mIRC command side.
Any help would be appreciated.
Kosh

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Probably, this question would be more correct to ask on the forum, where support is provided for services that are used on your network.
You need to find out the exact name of the services. Of the commonly used ones, this can be: Anope or Atheme or something else.

In fact, services had to be configured in such a way that in the event of an emergency (crash), they would automatically restart after a while.
If the services are completely disconnected from the network and you do not have command control above them, then everything is much more complicated.

To restart or to reconfigure services, you must have access to a remote computer (server machine) on which they are running. Usually, special programs are used to connect to a remote computer and then manage it.
For example: "PuTTY" - is an SSH and Telnet client. You must know the Host/IP, Port, Login and Password for to enter. Because access for unauthorized people will be closed for obvious reasons.
In addition, you should understand (know) what commands will need to be executed if the remote computer is running under the system "Linux".

Your admin (sysop) who was doing this should have left deputies to whom he would have left all the instructions for the troubleshooting. I wish him a speedy convalescence!

🌐 http://forum.epicnet.ru 📜 irc.epicnet.ru 6667 #Code | mIRC scripts, help, discuss, examples

Link Copied to Clipboard