Print Thread
#26890 29/05/03 01:57 PM
Q
Qwaka Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
Q
With previous version of mIRC the firewall settings had a tick box to use firewall (actually a socks 5 proxy in my case) or not to use it. This was quite handy as I commonly use the hardened firewall/proxy for certain networks, and then do not use it on other networks that are more polite.

With 6.03 the option to use the firewall or not is no longer there, it is replaced wiht a selection box, the options being "Firewall Support: {DCC/Server/Both}" no option for do not use firewall. I figured removing the IP address of the firewall (not the solution I wanted but eh) would work, but instead when I try to connect it says "Unable to find firewall address". My only option is to set it to DCC so I can connect to the server, but then (I assume) DCCs wont work (I rarely DCCs other than to send screenshots and occasional excel file or something) so I will eventually like to use DCC.

(Further discovery I found after a fresh install of mIRC that the option of NONE is avilable in place of BOTH, until you put an IP address or hostname into the firewall settings. Removing the IP however does not restore the option to select NONE from the "Firewall Support:" list)

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
This is a known bug, use the arrow keys to make None show again..

Q
Qwaka Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
Q
Thanks, I searched the message board before I posted. Did I mis this being reported earlier ? If so, I apologize.

[Edit]Ahh, I see it, forgot to set search parameter to look further back than a week, :tongue: [/edit]

Last edited by Qwaka; 29/05/03 02:18 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard