Print Thread
E
enull Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
E
Hello,

I just updated to v7.65. Why I am getting a strange theme with the annoying white background instead of the standard grey one, is it intended? https://ibb.co/cJmxDrk

I'm using Windows 10 (specifically MS surface laptop 3)

Last edited by enull; 08/05/21 02:24 PM.
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
It was updated to use Windows aero theme, but - the background of channels was always white. And outside the channel window in your screenshot is still grey.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your bug report. That is what it should look like. The MDI area/windows have been updated to use the standard Windows 10 theme.

E
enull Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Thanks. How do I change it back? I don't like MDI windows theme. I prefer to use the standard old mIRC theme.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I prefer to use the standard old mIRC theme.

There is no old standard theme. The way old versions of mIRC displayed MDI windows was due to Microsoft not updating MDI windows to use the standard Windows 10 theme because they deprecated the use of MDI windows and stopped supporting them.

If you really want to force mIRC to behave like a Windows 7 application, you can do this by changing the application compatibility of the executable. Right-click on the mirc.exe or the mIRC icon, select properties, and you can then change compatibility mode to Windows 7.

E
enull Offline OP
OP Offline
E
I reverted back to mIRC v7.64 as I am happy with old mIRC theme (or whatever you call it). Again I find "Windows 10 Aero theme support.." very annoying and uncomfortable to my eyes as shown in the image I posted. Please also keep in mind that I do use the default/standard Theme settings on Windows10 and my OS is updated. I tried to change the Theme settings on Windows10 but that has no effect on mIRC anyway.

I really hope you can find a fix for this issue in the next update, like maybe providing a Theme options in mIRC which can let users to switch between the mIRC Theme used in the older versions as shown here in v.7.64 https://ibb.co/2yMYQ97 and what ever Theme you want.

Thanks for you quick response.

S
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
S
Originally Posted by enull
I reverted back to mIRC v7.64 as I am happy with old mIRC theme (or whatever you call it). Again I find "Windows 10 Aero theme support.." very annoying and uncomfortable to my eyes

I agree. This is by far the worst UI I've encountered in Windows 10. It's just a flat, featureless, bleached-out mess.

Across the development of any piece of software, there comes a point at which upgrading is just not a good idea.

I'll be sticking with 7.64, as it has served me well.

Thanks and best regards.

T
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
T
I agree with you on that note! Horrible internal border sizes where everything Win10 related is rather slim and streamlined, styles removed not allowing borders to be thin makes this the most horrible looking update, even for those who leave the windows maximized! It's really ugly in my opinion...

Here's a side-by-side comparison, look at the ugly thick frames between the channel and nicklist, and the editboxes, and oh my god, don't even enable the command box! With the exterior having such a thin border it doesn't even work with the windows 10 theme, having borders on all sides BUT the bottom makes it even more off-putting.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

I too will be reverting until there's more visual adjustment added back to remove the uglyness.

Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
I will speak out in defense of this update for the visual display of standard mIRC windows.

Specifically, this helped solve the problem described in another topic #Post267898 for all "Dark Theme" fans. I appreciated this is and grateful.
It now looks like this (provided that only "Switchbar" is used) and now those ugly light gray borders around the inner client windows (Status,Channel,Private,@Win) are absent:

     [Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

But I am also not satisfied (vexed) with the presence of invariable three white stripes:

     1.Between the channel window and field for text input "EditBox".
     2.Between the channel window and the list of nicknames (after scrollbar).
     3.Between list of open windows "Treebar" and the channel window.

I believe this needs to be improved in future versions and may need to return the settings dialog "Styles", only already with advanced features, where will be possible, among other things:

     1.Customization the size and color choices for these three stripes (separately for each).
     2.Customization the background color for buttons from the list of open "Switchbar" windows and setting the color of the text on these buttons.
     3.Customization the background color for the scroll bar and sets the button color for the scroll bar.

Respected Khaled, please, provide each user have the opportunity to customize their design for the mIRC client in accordance with their preferences, for so that these changes could were able to certainly like it and will please all amateurs of their your individual design and coloring. This is must help solve this arisen large-scale problem and close these controversies about how it would be better.

🌐 http://forum.epicnet.ru 📜 irc.epicnet.ru 6667 #Code | mIRC scripts, help, discuss, examples
S
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
S
Originally Posted by Talon
I will be reverting until there's more visual adjustment added back to remove the uglyness.

I followed your lead and added some colors to the interface. It helped a lot and it doesn't look half bad at this point. If only I could add some color to the borders of the inactive windows, that would solve a lot of problems. Adding some color behind the toolbar would be an improvement as well.

Regards.

Last edited by sonagaia; 10/05/21 06:14 AM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I have added some of your suggestions to my to-do list. I may add color options for some items, such as the MDI background area (although this can already be changed by selecting a background picture). Thanks for your comments everyone.

Link Copied to Clipboard