mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
eahm Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
Hi Khaled, can you please add an option in the attached screenshot/settings to gray out away users in the nicklist?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I get many features can be implemented with scripts but I think these two features (away users and bold nicks) should be able to be set by the irc client.

Thanks.

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
If you're talking about the away status from /away, then it would require mirc to track down this state for every user on all channels you're in.
I'm not sure if with IRCv3 or something else it's possible to get notified of such events, but if it's not, I'd say this is not something mIRC should do, as you said a script would be better suited.

It's currently possible to color users from their idle time, which I use and might do the job for you.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This type of feature suggestion, where a client needs to repeatedly send requests to a server to update an internal list, has been discussed many times before.

I generally try to avoid adding features that lead to heavy bandwidth usage on a server.

What you are asking is for mIRC to send a /who to all of the channels you are on, repeatedly, to retrieve the away status of every user on each channel. If you are on multiple channels, with thousands of users, that can lead to a significant load on the server. Multiply that by all of the other clients on a server that are doing this, as well as all of the other client features that do something similar, and a server could find itself under heavy strain. This would likely have the knock-on effect of the server becoming more sensitive to bandwidth-demanding requests and disconnecting users more frequently.

So, no, there are no plans to add such a feature.

Sat Offline
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Originally Posted by eahm
these two features (away users and bold nicks)

For anyone as confused about this part as I was, apparently "bold nicks" refers to another feature request.

Saturn, QuakeNet staff
eahm Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
Ohh got it perfect thank you but what about that idle time setting? Shouldn't that work just the same like Wims said? Do I have to wait 30 mins (or whatever time I set) to see the colors change?

Link Copied to Clipboard