mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#268739 20/04/21 08:23 AM
S
Self-satisfied door
OP Offline
Self-satisfied door
S
Hi, I would like to have the possibillity to have the same kind of whowas feature but not for connection histrory but the nick history of a specific user.
I've seen this in an Mirc client but I can't find it back.
Thanks for your help

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The WHOWAS command is valid on many or most IRC servers, like WHOIS. Just type the command followed by the nickname.
If you don't get a response, then the server you are on does not support WHOWAS. Try it on a different server or IRC network.
mIRC already supports it just fine.

If you want to see other nicknames that a user has used, there is no feature for that. You would have to write your own script that generates a custom database from nickname changes.
mIRC will never add that feature built-in. Some channel bots provide this as a toy. Ask your channel operators about hiring such a channel bot.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Unfortunately, there is no such built-in function in the mIRC client and in IRCd programs, at least I have not seen it.

Most likely you mean some kind of script written by someone else for a client. I am assuming this script is called "Seen" or something. I think this script can still be found on the Internet.

Most often, such scripts are used in bot the "Eggdrop", to track users visits and their actions (for efficiency) on multiple channels at once. But if the user turns out to be quite dodgy and starts changing his nicknames after exiting from all channelss, then tracking these changes will be much more difficult or just impossible. Therefore, in order to fully track users nicknames changes, the bot may need the privileges mode of the IRC network operator, which is not installed everywhere and without special desire for network security reasons. So that, using such a script on your the personal channel without special privileges will bring a small effect of what you wanted to see and may be useless in this case.

Ideally, it would be nice if the developers of IRCd programs would add as an add-on module such a function, with command for request on server. For example: "/WHONICKS" or "/WHATNICKS" <nick|mask> [30d]

Nevertheless, if there is a need to create a new script for the mIRC client with this function, then we can think about it.

🌐 http://forum.epicnet.ru 📜 irc.epicnet.ru 6667 #Code | mIRC scripts, help, discuss, examples

Link Copied to Clipboard