mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#268483 21/02/21 06:56 PM
TECO Online OP
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Online
Pan-dimensional mouse
Hi Khaled,

I notice in the new theme of the new beta version, that when we place the windows in Vertical or Horizontal, the windows that are in the corners, there is a small space in the background that I put in the mIRC. I put the green background so that you could check that the windows have a small space, not the whole space.

I leave two images for you to check.

Title Vertical
Title Horizontal

These situations do not occur in the latest version of mIRC 7.64

Hug!

TECO
irc.PTirc.org (Co-Admin)
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your bug report. This issue is also present in previous versions. It is due to the Windows WM_MDITILE message which will not make the windows at the right/bottom-most edge larger than others if it does not fit the MDI area exactly, depending on your mIRC window size.

Vogon poet
Vogon poet
Don't want to create a separate thread, that's why i want to write here..

Aero theme on MDI windows is a great option and i'm glad to see this option that will be introduced in 7.65, but, is possible to make an option the user to choose: small, medium or large border size of the windows, because, for me, is too large the border size smile But, although, looks great! Congratulations Khaled for this major change smile

Last edited by klez; 22/02/21 09:01 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
small, medium or large border size of the windows

I'm afraid not - the border/frame/etc. sizes you are seeing are the standard size for MDI windows. I will not be changing these and there are no plans to add any form of customization to this feature.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I had a look at the code where WM_MDITILE is used. There actually was some commented-out, non-working code there from a few years ago that attempted to resolve the issue with the right-bottom extra space left over after a tile completes.

I had another go and implemented a solution that adjusts the right/bottom-most windows after WM_MDITILE is used. It works. But... every time windows are tiled, they are re-sized by WM_MDITILE and have to be adjusted again. If you have many windows opening/closing at once, or often, and you have a feature like auto-tile enabled, this results in a visible flicker.

The only other solution was to implement my own tiling code, which usually isn't a good idea for a standard feature because it can be difficult to copy its behaviour exactly. It took several attempts but my final tiling function does seem to work in the same way as WM_MDITILE, without the bottom/right extra space. As far as I can tell, in both vertical and horizontal tiling, windows are placed in the same positions as WM_MDITILE and their Control+Tab positions are the same. It also doesn't move/size tool windows, moves but does not resize non-sizable windows, and so on. But there may be other contexts it doesn't take into account, so it will need testing. This will be in the next beta.

TECO Online OP
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Online
Pan-dimensional mouse
Thank you

TECO
irc.PTirc.org (Co-Admin)
TECO Online OP
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Online
Pan-dimensional mouse
Hi Khaled
I made a video where it shows in two positions of the status window, in which the mIRC if it is closed and returned to open the status window presents that space on the right side and the lower area of the window.

See if you can see if there is a way to improve this.

Video

TECO
irc.PTirc.org (Co-Admin)
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks this has been fixed for the next beta.

TECO Online OP
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Online
Pan-dimensional mouse
With the last beta update the problem has been solved. Thanks!

TECO
irc.PTirc.org (Co-Admin)

Link Copied to Clipboard