mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#268480 21/02/21 05:33 PM
Jigsy Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Again, another issue that's been more noticable since upgrading to 7.64.

For a while now, I've been puzzled as to why searching for certain Japanese words (/g, /jisho, etc.) would point me to page with gibberish.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I believe there's a weird inconsistancy in isalpha and isalnum when it comes to certain UTF characters.

For example: 語 is considered by mIRC to be an alpha character, yet ご is not.

Code
jisho { url -a $+(http://jisho.org/,$iif($1-,$+(search/,$htmlhex($v1)))) }
htmlhex {
  if ($1-) {
    var %i = 1, %x
    while (%i <= $len($1-)) {
      if ($mid($1-,%i,1) isalnum) { var %x = %x $+ $v1 }
      else { var %x = %x $+ $chr(37) $+ $base($asc($mid($1-,%i,1)),10,16,2) }
      inc %i
    }
    return %x
  }
}

; $htmlhex(日本語!) -> 日本語%21
; $htmlhex(にほんご) -> %306B%307B%3093%3054 (however this pointed me to the above image)

What do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us?
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This looks like it does what you want, and is probably faster to use regsubex than go through a scripted loop. I assume the definition of alnum you're needing is the case-insensitive base36 alphabet. This replicates your "good" example, but I'm not sure either case handles a codepoint in the range 256-4095 which is a 3-digit hex number, or non-alnum in the 33-126 range? Instead of this simplistic substitution pattern, it may need to call a $myalias($asc(\t)) to handle different styles in different ranges. If it needs to be encoding each UTF8 character separately, remove the /u flag.

Code
//tokenize 32 にほんご | var %i 1  | echo -a $regsubex(foo,$1-,/([^0-9A-Za-z])/gu,$chr(37) $+ $base($asc(\t),10,16,2))

Link Copied to Clipboard