mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#268423 03/02/21 01:53 AM
S
Self-satisfied door
OP Offline
Self-satisfied door
S
In my script I want to read a text file when a user uses a command.

How it looks in my text file:

NICK1|2
NICK2|4

etc etc etc

I want the results to look like:

"NICK1, you have 2" or "NICK2, you have 4".

All help appreciated.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It looks like you're tokenizing your text file by the pipe symbol, which is ASCII number 124. You weren't clear whether you want a random line, or you want a line that matches the nick. For a random line, something like this would work:

var %a $read(test.txt,nt) , %nick $gettok(%a,1,124) , %have $gettok(%a,2,124)
echo -a %nick you have %have

If you are using this in the ON TEXT event then $nick has the value of the person making the message. If it's inside the nicklist's rightclick menu, then the 1st highlighted nick is in $1. Assuming the value is in $nick, you can do something like:

var %a $read(test.txt,ntw,$nick $+ $chr(124) $+ *)
if (%a != $null) {
var %nick $gettok(%a,1,124) , %have $gettok(%a,2,124)
}

The nt switches aren't needed in this situation, but it's good to always use them, especially when the content is something that could have been created by not-you. The 't' switch prevents it from trying to look at line#1 as numeric. If 't' is not used, and line 1 is a number, then that number is used instead of the REAL total-number-of-lines in the text file when returning a random line. If the file has 100 lines and line #1 is not numeric, $read(file) returns a random line from lines 1-100. But if line#1 is changed to be the number 5, then it returns a random line from within the first 5 lines excluding line 1. If not using the 'n' switch, then it tries to evaluate the line, interpreting %word as if it's a variable or $word as if an identifier, and if the line contains the pipe symbol which doesn't have text touching it, it's treated as a separator between 2 commands

maroon #268427 03/02/21 03:01 PM
S
Self-satisfied door
OP Offline
Self-satisfied door
S
Originally Posted by maroon
It looks like you're tokenizing your text file by the pipe symbol, which is ASCII number 124. You weren't clear whether you want a random line, or you want a line that matches the nick. For a random line, something like this would work:

var %a $read(test.txt,nt) , %nick $gettok(%a,1,124) , %have $gettok(%a,2,124)

If you are using this in the ON TEXT event then $nick has the value of the person making the message. If it's inside the nicklist's rightclick menu, then the 1st highlighted nick is in $1. Assuming the value is in $nick, you can do something like:

var %a $read(test.txt,ntw,$nick $+ $chr(124) $+ *)
if (%a != $null) {
}

The nt switches aren't needed in this situation, but it's good to always use them, especially when the content is something that could have been created by not-you. The 't' switch prevents it from trying to look at line#1 as numeric. If 't' is not used, and line 1 is a number, then that number is used instead of the REAL total-number-of-lines in the text file when returning a random line. If the file has 100 lines and line #1 is not numeric, $read(file) returns a random line from lines 1-100. But if line#1 is changed to be the number 5, then it returns a random line from within the first 5 lines excluding line 1. If not using the 'n' switch, then it tries to evaluate the line, interpreting %word as if it's a variable or $word as if an identifier, and if the line contains the pipe symbol which doesn't have text touching it, it's treated as a separator between 2 commands

Thanks, seems to be what i was looking for and, yes, im using it with the ON TEXT event and reading per user, not at random.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
i realized it's simpler to use

var %a $read(test.txt,ntw, $nick $+ |* )

maroon #268429 03/02/21 04:34 PM
S
Self-satisfied door
OP Offline
Self-satisfied door
S
That worked perfectly in my bot for twitch.

Code
on *:text:!myentries:#: {
  var %a $read(giveaway.txt,ntw, $nick $+ |* )
  if (%a != $null) {
    msg $chan %nick you have %have entries in the giveaway.
  }
}

Thanks so much!

Link Copied to Clipboard