mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
miiza Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
M
Hello guys, I'm new to mIRC scripts, and did a "hi" script for the channels I'm in, the thing is, I want to make a user cooldown for my script, but don't know how, I tried to find something that fit my script but was unable do find it.

Here is the script:
Code
ON *:TEXT:*:#: {
  if (($1 = oi) || ($1 = oie) || ($1 = oii) || ($1 = oiie) || ($1 = oiii) || ($1 = ola) || ($1 = olá)) {
    msg # $nick Oi marsbmpHi  
  }
}

Can anyone help with this? Thanks

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
DId you try searching the forum for the keyword cooldown? You weren't clear whether you want the cooldown to be per-user or have everyone share the same countdown. You can either put the countdown in a global %variable or in a hashtable item. You can either use /set's -uN switch that makes the variable be unset after N seconds, or use the same switch with /hadd to add a temporary item to the table. You can instead use the -z switch to set the variable/table-item to a number, which then decreases by 1 each second, then unsets rather than be <= 0.

When you create a per-user countdown, you would want to make a variable name or hashtable name that's not likely to use the same names used by someone else's script. i.e. if you're using a shared cooldown for all nicks, and you did "set -u30 %cooldown $nick" then both scripts using the %cooldown variable would be interfering with each other. If using a hashtable, you need to either create the table when mirc starts, or use the -m switch each time you add something to the table. To create a variable name, it's a little more complicated to create compound variable names containing the nick, which can be a different to create it than to check it.

For the vast majority of irc networks, they don't allow accented characters in the nick. But if there is such a network, and they view tést and tÉst as the same nick, that's not compatible with how mIRC checks %variable names and hashtable items, where those are 2 separate variables or 2 separate items. If that's the case, you'd need to always use $upper or $lower to standardize the variable name. For using a hashtable, which is easier, you can do something like this, assuming the table contains no itemnames which could collide with a nick string:

Code
if ($hget(tablename,$nick)) {
 do something when handling a cooldown that has not expired
}
else {
hadd -mu30 tablename $nick x
do something when beginning the countdown
}

The above assumes 30 seconds. If you want to have access to the remaining seconds, that number is in $hget(foobar,test).unset
If you instead did:
hadd -z tablename $nick 30
then $hget(tablename,$nick) returns the number that's the data for that table-item, which the -z switch causes to decrease each second.

To have the per-user cooldown be in a global variable, you can do like:

Code
if ( $eval( $+(%,variablename.,$nick) ,2) ) {
 do something when handling a cooldown that has not expired
}
else {
set -u30 $+(%,variablename.,$nick) x
do something when beginning the countdown
}

if using the -z switch, change the set to:
set -z $+(%,variablename.,$nick) 30

You sometimes see variables created with a different kind of compound form, where the equivalents would be like:

if ( %variablename. [ $+ [ $nick ] ] )
set -z %variablename. [ $+ [ $nick ] ] 30
set -u30 %variablename. [ $+ [ $nick ] ] x

You can change your compound if() statement with something that's easier to read and is more efficient:

if ( $istok(oi oie oii oiie oiii ola olá,$1,32) ) {

This checks if one of the tokens matches $1, and 32 is the codepoint for the space character.

M
miiza Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thank you so much, I'm currently at work, when I arrive at home I'll try it out.

M
miiza Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I used the code for the per-user cooldown. It worked like a charm, I really appreciate the time you took to help me.

Thank you very much.

Link Copied to Clipboard