mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#267827 07/10/20 12:56 AM
L
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
L
Since 7.62 (I think) under some condition the window icon (left) and min/max/close buttons (right) can become duplicated. My guess is this may have something to do with remote desktop. Turning the menubar on/off fixes the problem.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

K
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
K
I remote desktop into a Windows 7 machine and I've also had this issue since 7.62. No idea how to replicate it, it just happens at random and it's extremely rare. Older versions of mIRC do not have this issue.

You are the 2nd person I know of to have this happen while using remote desktop on Windows 10.

I reported this back in my Win7/7.62 crash report. Guess I should have made a separate post.

Screenshot from 7.62 on Win 7:

https://i.imgur.com/1wRDAEO.png

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your bug report. If you click on the extra icons, do they do anything? ie. is it just a display glitch?

This may be related to:

29/07/2020 - mIRC v7.62
21.Added workaround for maximized MDI window caption bug in Windows 10
on monitors with some DPI/resolution combinations.

In the next beta, I will disable the above workaround during a remote desktop session but this may re-introduce the Windows 10 display glitch relating to MDI windows that it was intended to fix, so it is a bit of a catch-22 unfortunately.

L
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
L
This bug still exists in 7.64

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for the update. Unfortunately, I have not been able to reproduce this so far. If you can find way to reproduce it, that would really help. In the meantime, as the previous change did not resolve this issue during a remote desktop, I will be reverting that. mIRC does not have control over these icons - they are handled by Windows and the MDI feature - so it looks like it is a glitch in Windows MDI support over remote desktop. Is it possible the issue began prior to v7.62? I cannot see anything else between v7.61 and v7.62 that could be causing it.

Link Copied to Clipboard