arthoz Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
A
First post here, yay! =)

I'd like something like this:
/nicklist [-a[n]dr] [on|off|default] [right|left] [size_px] [window_name]
to control the nicklist with scripts, the only way to do it now is doing it manually with the dialog (and maybe dlls, havent checked).

breakdown of it:

[-a[n]dr]
-a[n] = 0 = auto-hide off, 1 = auto-hide on, 2 = auto-hide on with shift-tab key to view it
-d = set as default
-r = reset default

[on|off|default]
Sets the nicklist on, off or uses default values

[right|left]
Sets the nicklist to show on right or left side, this might be put into the part above replacing the "on" part.

[size_px]
Sets the pixel width of nicklist
Note: This will also let us set the default width of a nicklist, which i really want, having it decided by what font and size you have is really annoying as you cannot figure really figure out what they are. (closest thing is $calc($window($1).w - $window($1).dw) but that doesnt take into consideration of scrollbar or border widths.

window_name
The window name, isnt needed if -d is used.

/nicklist [windowname]
Just typing it alone will open a default-dialog like the one we currently have for windownames, adding [windowname] will open the options dialog for that window.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
I'm kind of surprised this hasn't already been implemented. I could see this being useful to many.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
I fully support this idea.

Yar
C
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
C
I support this suggestion.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

I like this too, but I also think there should be a way to apply it to all windows.

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
nice idea! K. reads this echo. looking forward to his take on it.

Help others! It makes the world a better place, Makes you feel good, and makes you Healthy!
T
T20 Offline
T
I am a strong supporter of this suggestion. I came here today looking for something like this. I was surprised that it isn't possible already.

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
On my behalf, I will add my idea to this team. It would also be very interesting to modernize the appearance of the list of nicknames as in a modern messenger with the ability to add your own avatars from the "Address Book (Users)" or via the specified direct link to the image. How this is implement it correctly and efficiently is up to you. I am ready for dialogue.

Example command:

/nicklist [-cimo[N]] [@Window|#channel] [nickname|mask] [color1] [color2] [left|right] [W,H,I] ["url"]

[-cimo[N]]
-c = Enable color settings for the nicknames and its background - [color1] [color2].
-i = Enable image work in the list of nicknames.
-m = Enable image animation support for the (.gif) format or some other scriptable cycle method.
-o[N] = Round corners by N number of pixels. If "N" = 0, then there smooth should be an even circle.

[@Window|#channel]
Specify in what kind of window to enable support for images for the list of nicknames.

[nickname|mask]
Define a user to display an avatar by nickname or mask.

[color1]
Nickname color for the specified nickname in the nickname list in the format $rgb(N,N,N).

[color2]
Background color for the specified nick in the list of nicknames in the format $rgb(N,N,N).

[left|right]
Specify which side to display the avatar in the list of nicknames.

[W,H,I]
Specify the width and height of the displayed image, as well as the indentation of the nickname from the avatar in the list of nicknames.

["url"]
Provide a direct internet link to your avatar image. This link should be easily accessible to all other chat users. You can get this link by requesting “/CTCP nick avatar”, uploading the file via DCC, or creating a new command with an (invisible) request for the user “/AVATAR nick” to get an avatar, or any other search method to get from any database , for example inside IRCd. (These options are worth considering separately.)

Sample script:
Code
on *:JOIN:#:{ /nicklist -cimo5 $chan $nick $rgb(10,148,220) $rgb(25,25,25) left 30,30,2 "url" }

An example of the result of displaying avatars in the list of nicknames:
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

When will this much-needed command be implemented in the mIRC client?

Last edited by Epic; 13/09/20 07:47 PM.

🌐 http://forum.epicnet.ru 📜 irc.epicnet.ru 6667 #Code | mIRC scripts, help, discuss, examples
Epic #267731 14/09/20 07:13 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It's a fine idea, Epic, but technically outstanding to implement in mIRC's current incarnation and framework.

The suggestion as presented would require a major re-write of mIRC and prove to be a massive undertaking.

There are other clients that already focus more on client aesthetics and decoration that you might experiment with.
Not sure that mIRC really needs to copycat those efforts to present as a desirable and reliable client in its own right.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
I don't want to use another client, I like mIRC. But in my opinion, mIRC has long been in need of a significant update to its look and feel to compete with other IRC clients.

There was no request in my post for such an update that would affect the normal appearance of the client, I just suggested creating a logic command for the scripters to help them decorate the client in a more modern design with this command to avoid using third party (curves) DLLs. In any case, everyone who loves minimalism will stay with it with the default client settings.

I understand that this can be difficult to implement, but it needs to be done. This idea should be seen as additional functionality and design enhancement for the mIRC client, and I'm sure many scripters will support me in this.
Hopefully this client support will be officially implemented soon. How and in what format to make this command, I leave it to the discretion of the author.

🌐 http://forum.epicnet.ru 📜 irc.epicnet.ru 6667 #Code | mIRC scripts, help, discuss, examples

Link Copied to Clipboard