mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
B
beaston Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
B
I haven't figured out why, as the only clue to this happening during a search of the forums only came up with AV software being the culprit. Other than windows defender, I don't have any AV software running. My logs are not deleted, nor are my aliases. But yet the basic settings are reverted back to as if I just installed the client from scratch. Using 7.61.

Thanks!

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The only way I should see this happen would be either of 2 ways
//echo -a $mircini
if this is located in a folder where you don't have write permissions, all disk writes to it would fail, and the client would start every time using an unchanging mirc.ini

Another way would be if something causes mirc.ini to be corrupted as mirc writes to disk during exit, causing the client to reset mirc.ini from scratch. You can't tell from $file($mircini).ctime because of the way mirc updates files, causing the 'creation' time to always be updated

Either of these problems wouldn't affect your alt+D aliases file, because those are in a separate aliases.ini, and the default mirc.ini contains a reference to it. If mirc.ini is being reset from scratch, it does clear out all the scripts in the remotes tab of the alt+R editor

B
beaston Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I'll give that a shot and report back...thanks smile

Link Copied to Clipboard