Print Thread
#266905 02/03/20 12:02 AM
K
kikuchi Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
K
I've been reporting issue about font rendering in the past, recently someone else also reported something similar (can't find the post though)

I have this alias which draws an unicode character to a picture window, but sometimes it wasn't drawn correctly/entirely.

After a long debug, I've figured it out, it was whenever i joined a particular channel with a particular topic, which had a particular unicode character in the topic.

The first unicode character is drawn with "drawtext -rn @sbm 0 "Verdana" 14 770 400 $chr(9650)"

I'm realizing while writing this that verdana does not have the character, so font linking is occuring I suppose.

Once I join a channel with "PᗣᗧMᗣN" in its topic, the character drawn with drawtext is glitched, and this happens while the window is open with the correct drawing, I don't even need to close/reopen.

This is on windows 10 and mIRC 7.61, Wims, which helped with this cannot reproduce on windows 7.

I hope this helps resolving the various issue with font linking and font rendering, I can make a video if needed.

kikuchi #266906 02/03/20 07:36 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your bug report. This and related issues have indeed been discussed before eg. here, here, here, here. Please see my replies in those threads.

Link Copied to Clipboard