M
moon84 Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
M
Hi,
Happy new year for everyone!
I am a long mirc user and znc user as well. I always got frustated by the slowness of mirc's drawing/scrolling all the contents while znc's playback buffer+buffextras is flushed. Certain day, restored each channel window and drawing was faster and minimizing channel window was even more faster.
Drawing channel playback would take more than one minute ages ago and it's still a pain waiting mirc to finish playback. Mirc would also get sluggish if there are text effects.

So, can someone provide me a script that does the following:

1) the script must run when there is a sucessful connect to znc and sees there is a playback.
2) the script kinda has to disable connect button... (one instance of mirc = one network; sometimes i accidentally clicked disconnect while mirc freezes during drawing and buffer was lost forever)
3) the script must minimize every new opened channel window while playback still happening
4) after playback is complete, script has to put every channel maximized inside of mirc and enable connect button

It should be an easy script right?
Thanks!

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If your problem is the freeze from writing text, you can try using /fupdate
Each time your mirc begins, it forgets the /fupdate setting and reverts to 0
You can put a /fupdate 100 in the ON START event to make screen writes faster.
If it's too fast, can change to another number in the 1-100 range.
Without a number parameter, /fupdate tells you the current setting.

M
moon84 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by maroon
If your problem is the freeze from writing text, you can try using /fupdate
Each time your mirc begins, it forgets the /fupdate setting and reverts to 0
You can put a /fupdate 100 in the ON START event to make screen writes faster.
If it's too fast, can change to another number in the 1-100 range.
Without a number parameter, /fupdate tells you the current setting.

Thanks for your answer.
I did /fupdate and mirc returns 0 and i did /fupdate 100.
I believe the freezing is probably caused by reloading logs or mirc waits for more data from playback or loading some font. Like in: znc-playback, freeze for one-n seconds, more playback, bit of freezing, more playback.
What bothers me more it's that i have to wait until mirc to draw stuff and i can not always be there to minimize channel windows. I probably didn't say in first post but i have a znc that i usually go each 3-4 days basis and i noticed if i click minimize to the current channel during playback, playback is faster because mirc "doesn't have" to waste cpu to draw stuff but does draw everything and takes just few seconds instead of 30s+ seconds.
And i also dont want to have to have channel windows in restore and maximize after playback by myself.

B
Babel fish
Babel fish
B
Whenever I start mirc, I connect to about 8 servers all through znc. First, it's slow to connect to all the servers. It connects 1 at a time instead of in parallel and that already causes a lot of lag. Then it's slow pasting the playback text into each channel window. The more playback there is, the longer it takes. This definitely has to do with something about mirc because I can use kvirc to do the exact same thing and all servers connect fast, playback is pasted into the channel windows fast, etc. In mirc the process from start to finish can take over a minute. In kvirc it takes about <10 seconds. It seems like this is a design problem in mirc, not a settings problem.

Link Copied to Clipboard