mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#266394 28/11/19 06:49 PM
JB_uk Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
Evening,

Been a while since I've been active here.

Returned recently to updating a few scripts I've been running for a friend.

Code
on *:text:!t *:#: {
  write $chan $+ test.txt $2-
  msg # Fingers crossed  }

So what I'm attempting is to simply write to a file called #CHANNELtest.txt anything after the command, however, this format doesn't appear to be working any more despite it previously having worked in other scripts.

Any suggestions, keeping this filename format would save changing several other scripts if possible...

Vogon poet
Vogon poet
Assuming you aren't getting any errors, you probably have some other script that's taking over the text event and halting the processing.

You can also try "/REMOTE ON" and "/EVENTS ON" to make sure both remote scripts and events are being processed.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
In addition to another script halting the text event, there can only be 1 of these text events matching each message, so if you have another text event in the same script having a wildcard-match which matches this event, whichever one is on the higher line is the one which gets triggered.

Also, just to be clear, the text event triggers on channel messages only when it's from another nick. You can't test your own messages in the text event without running 2 clients in the same channel so that one can trigger the other's text event.

For more info that might help -> https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/mirc/on_events/on_text

Link Copied to Clipboard